Does the laser sight do anything for pistols?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by velourfog, Nov 27, 2012.

1. velourfog

I kind of feel like I just wasted 100 cert points. Maybe I just couldn't notice it, but it doesn't seem like the accuracy changed at all with the laser sight on. Also, does the sight create a red dot that other people can see? If so, then it's twice as bad :p

Anyway, does the sight actually do anything, and if so, is it worth using?
  2. aR2k

havent bought it yet, but I plan to.
    The laser should improve hip fire accuracy,
  3. Trysaeder

You could turn off the laser sight and still retain the bonus in beta, but I'm not sure if that's still true.

The laser sight definitely makes your hip fire crosshair smaller though, you can see for yourself. Unequip it, fire a shot, reload, and see where the crosshair is at compared to the reloading circle. Repeat for the laser sight and you'll definitely see a difference.
  4. velourfog

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I was comparing bullet holes instead of looking at the crosshairs, so that makes sense.
  5. Timeraider

I use it on my Rebel, its certainly decreases the amount of bullets going away from the crosshair to much with hipfire. (more confirmed bullet hits during the fights)

Also press L to disable to visual (doesnt disable performance), with it on people can see a 2 meter lightbeam :p

Till now i certainly found it worth it since as infil i rely on it as my close range destroyer.
  6. Zinus

I have found it useful for my default NC pistol. Sometimes you just have more chance while strafing and hip-fireing, and this rly comes in handy then.

I'm just a bit disappointed that it didn't actually place a true laser red dot :( ... oh well