Does facing the unfairness of 0.75ADS ever discourage you from playing the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Shanther

Or you know the HA that he killed just can't aim. Nope, not a possibility at all.
  2. Obscura

Yes, I avoid logging in every day because of that DAMN NS-15M and it's horrifying 0.75 ADS, the thought it...:eek:

and ADADAD strafing is in almost every single FPS game, you can ADADAD as a TR heavy with a chaingun, I do it on my TR.

if 0.75 ADS is keeping you from playing, you probably have madcuzbad disease.

Symptons include: extra salty tears, unable to resist the impulse to shed tears by posting about 0.75 ADS on the forums.
  3. Stormsinger

I find Cyclone SMG wielding heavies much more frightening then those using the NS-15M. I quiver in fear of .75 ADS, that's almost an entire ADS.

Really, there's quivering.
    • Up x 1
  4. Obscura

oh god no, not the lightning fast HA's with 0.75 ADS cyclones.. they're TOO FAST 2 SHOOT!!

Lasher spam? Meet the cyclone HA spam, he's .25 ADS faster than you so good luck hitting him!
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

Yeah. And considered the amount of players he kills this way in that video we can draw the conclusion a lot of people cannot aim.

But as I wrote elsewhere I don't think phasing out 0.75 weapons is the way to go. Movements should just have more inertia so that changing direction ia not that fast.
    All this 0.75 / Orion / Betlegeuse crap would end forever.
  6. Shanther

That really is the core of it though. A lot of people simply can't aim. It sounds like a silly thing to say but actually having 25 - 30% accuracy goes a long way.
  7. Ballto21

oh look a nerf vs thread again

"BUT BALLTO I SAID 0.75 ADS NOT VS" while making the example a tr or nc fighting a vs heavy.

Grab an ns15 if its so overpowered
    • Up x 1
  8. Noooooch

NEWS FLASH

If you are not a Heavy then you should generally not 1v1 a Heavy. Light Assault's primary target should be other Light Assaults, Infiltrator's primary targets should be other Infiltrators. Only if you have a niche weapon (SMG, Shotgun, Sniper) in it's sweet zone and some other advantage (he's not looking) then it's usually ok.

.75 ADS really isn't that big a deal on Heavies since only 4 LMG's have access to it.

Fear the Heavies with SMG's instead. Dat Cyclone.
    • Up x 2
  9. Noooooch

NEWS FLASH #2

You know what is FASTER THAN .75 ADS? 1.0 hipfire! Jesus christ people! Just slap a laser sight on your sh*t and start dunking Heavies because you know what? Heavies with .75 ADS get dunked ALL THE TIME!
  10. Obscura

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. Jake the Dog

This has never bothered me I have a tank.
  12. IronMouse

You can be sarcastic as much as you want, it doesn't change the facts. I've logged on my VS heavy yesterday just to try and see the difference between TR/VS HA, and it definitely exists. With TR I feel "weighted" while ADSing, but on my .75 VS weapon I feel like I have MUCH more freedom of movement while ADSing. So yes, the difference is noticeable. And it makes a big difference no matter what you or the other VS fanboys say.
  13. Obscura

Hmm lol I see the TR's reeducation process is working well with you then. Sounds like your feelin TR the past couple weeks and don't enjoy fighting vanu, I mean even I'll admit it sucks fighting against us but that doesn't warrant nerfs. Even with .75 ADS gone there will be something else to replace the void in the stream of tears that is the PS2 forums.
  14. IronMouse

Whatever needs to be done needs to be done - nerfing Vanu in all respective fields, or buffing other factions so that they are brought in line with Vanu in all respective fields. It's not "tears" in the forums, it's the feedback from players about an objective issue with the game balance - some people can word these issues in a more coherent manner, while others are simply angry about it.
  15. pnkdth

Never quite because of this reason.

Though to deny that 0.75 ADS movement modifier on a 143/750 weapon on a HA isn't extremely powerful is delusional. The NS15M has a 143/625. No one would use it without its movement modifier, whereas the Orion is competitive on the basis of its damage/ROF profile.

I understand why NC aren't really complaining much here given they have the Anchor/Cyclone to choose from. However, TR did get the short end of the stick here. Their SMGs does not really mesh well with the HA class, unlike the NCs.

I rather not nerf the Orion but rather make the CARV and MSW-R more interesting CQC options. Former should get the TORQ/Lynx treatment, and the latter should get improved hipfire to make the ADS somewhat useful. Or not, I do not really care about specifics but I make changes to TR because they're lacking where the other faction's are not. Let me be clear though, this would be a very minor buff...
  16. Obscura

As I've said, I've played this game since early beta I've played all factions at one point actively and I've played VS as my main since beta as well, and the balance of all 3 are in a better state than they ever have been.

There was a point in this game when TR was stupidly overpowered
    There was a time when VS was stupidly underpowerered
    There was a time when NC was stupidly overpowered

Now? They are fairly in line with each other, which never was the case for a long time. As someone said in another thread I think, the evidence for that isn't alerts, look at the server smash events and you can see clearly that when all 3 factions are played to their fullest strength VS does not totally dominate.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

I use the Flare on VS.

Am I doing it wrong?
  18. Scorpion97

I don't abuse any .75 ads LMG but just aurax them

Is there a problem in this??
  19. Naphemil

you're too good for us .75 ads wielding plebs
  20. OldMaster80

Thanks for the lesson, but in most of cases you cannot chose who is behind the corner...

I've been playing TR for 3 years, and I had never ever taken in consideration to make another character. Today I had the day off so I decided to make a step in the Vanu world and I took the whole afternoon (wife out for dinner) to create a VS character and play: no vehicles, only HA, only with the Orion.
    With a BR 1 without Nanowave and and without medikits I basically got the same KDR as my 3 years old character with almost everything unlocked. Lol, yes, the difference does actually exist.

But I don't think the reason why VS HA perform better is in the 0.75, rather in the deadly precision of the Orion. That should have never been a starter LMG, imho.

The 0.75 issue also exist, but it should be solved completely by changing characters movements (add inertia to direction change). Imho they could change direction change speed, and leave it as it is for those who use Adrenaline Pump.
    • Up x 1