Does facing the unfairness of 0.75ADS ever discourage you from playing the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Ianneman

2. G.O.A.T

The #1 Scenario why new players quit.

"ill try LA in either NC/TR"

Confront a .75x LMG HA who kills em while they miss every shot.

Who wouldn't want to quit after facing a HA with more health/moves faster than you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Plastikfrosch

No. i play all 3 factions and yesterday i had a fight against vanu and they came up with 60% and couldnt take the base. As usual (and thats not vanu specific) most of them were HAs with orion or betelgeuse. I died a lot to them but i killed them a lot more often while playing my armistice Infiltrator. You dont even have to play HA to be albe to kill those guys.
    And 0,75ADS is not restricted to Vanu:
    - all factions have 1 0,75ads carbine
    - all factions have 1 0,75ads AR
    - all factions have access to NS weapons which have all 0,75ads
    - ALL SMGs have 0,75ads
    - all shotguns have 0,75ads
    - and the jackhammer is the only 0,75ads heavy specific weapon
    - all factions can play smgs on the HA if they want (cyclone is the best ES option and the NS smgs are verry solid options --> same ttk as a 698rof/143dps weapon and with extended mag as much dpm as a NC carbine).

there are enough option to handle 0,75HAs (and i think thats the core of your post even while only saying 0,75ads, not 0,75ads HAs).
    the only thing i never understood was: how is it possible that there are 0,75ads LMGs (big, fat, heavy waepons - even if vanu has special material) but there are so less 0,75ads carbines or 0,65ads for all AR. Carbines are meant to be light weight weapons and AR arent as bulky as LMGs too.
    My problem is: I miss the logic behind that (i know, i know.....nanites). HAs should be slower than other classes simply because they carry the most heavy weapons around the place.
    but in the end: NO, i dont have a problem to run into Vanu HAs because i have enough valid weapon options to get rid of them and its very often possible to outsmart them.
    • Up x 4
  4. Villanuk

No and its a completely pointless thread about .75 ADS. Its hardly game breaking is it? Players dont go, " oh run the VS HA are coming PANIC "
    • Up x 3
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

No. I neither care about 0.75x nor do I really notice it when fighting against another player who uses a weapon that has it.
    • Up x 4
  6. BlueSkies

Uhm... seriously?
  7. Scorpion97

Mom,dat HA is moving faster,i'm not gonna play this game anymore
  8. asmodraxus

Now Timmy where on the doll did Papa Vanu touch you, don't be scared...
    • Up x 1
  9. Takara

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. You kids are really playing this up. *laughs* I have been wanting .75 ADS to go just so I can see your tears when you still die from being the suck.

If you blame all your deaths to HA on going a fraction of a millimeter faster well someone is aiming at you...it's just an excuse.
    • Up x 3
  10. ronjahn

Considering that Vanu weapons have had .75 ADS since release(and it has only become a "problem" in the past few months) and I have played 170days on my NC character, the answer to this question is a definite no.

If something this insignificant makes you not want to play then I feel bad for you.
    • Up x 1
  11. MarkAntony

what is this? a self-help group for bads?
    if you can't hit someone because of .75 ADS i suggest you go see a doctor because your hand-eye coordination is FUBAR.
  12. UberNoob1337101

[IMG]

I'm seriously wondering how do you all keep bashing VS for absolutely no reason and calling it an injustice and the most OP thing ever even though there are a ton of guns that have 0.75 ADS...

Also, how is Orion bashed so furiously now but before not a lot of people were discussing it?

And if 0.75 is so OP, why does almost nobody use shotguns and SMGs for HAs? Like if that was the main attraction, it would probably be used a ton.

Probably just a bunch of salty bads that got beaten by a few skilled VS HAs.
  13. HappyStuffin

Aren't there better issues to call nerf on? ADS isn't really that big of an issue.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kirppu1

But the game is balanced, no issues
  15. allattar

Short answer No. Long answer, .75 ads is not the issue. adad strafing is. Its abuse of the netcode to make yourself appear to move faster than you actually can. As the movement prediction of a client catches up. You can appear to bounce from side to side faster than you actually are. Whilst you move at the correct speed someone elses client has to speed you up.

Sure .75 ads can warp you faster than .5. The fix though isnt .75 nerfing. It should be fixing the adad super strafe on the client. As lets face it not aiming down sites and fitting a laser sight means you can strafe at top speed. Anyone saying otherwise doesnt understand how cshd makes you harder to hot by moving you faster than possible on the opponents screen and therefore 'unhittable'.

Removing .75 wont do anything to stop non ads adad strafing, and therefore wont fix the problem.
    • Up x 2
  16. Casterbridge

This is getting a bit out of hand.

New players of any faction have a tough time cause they are dealing with veterans who, for the most part, know what the hell they're doing and will punish those who don't. The new players will either tough it out and learn the game or won't.

It was the same for most of us when we started.
  17. Naphemil

This is my new favorite thread :D
  18. IronMouse

No, but it sure does add up.
  19. IronMouse

Do you even hear yourself?
  20. Jac70

The current whining war over .75 sounds like confirmation bias to me. Enough people whine about it that every one else thinks well there must be an issue otherwise why would everyone be crying about it.

I think Infiltrators and maybe Light Assaults should move ever so slightly faster than stock speed. Say 5%, whilst Heavy Assaults should move slightly slower, again something small like 5%. Afterall they are carrying the most weight, armour, rocket launcher and LMG.

I suppose they could add a weight system whereby each piece of equipment affected your movement. So if your take out a Decimator, 5 medical kits, C4, an SMG and grenades then you might move up to 10% slower but get faster as you use things - maybe that would be a bit complex.
    • Up x 2