Do you consider the IPC a threat?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Simple question to generate discussion.
  2. Corezer

the what? no, almost a non-factor...
  3. JobiWan

I've seen it being used twice, both on the day it was released. So, no.
  4. Scr1nRusher

For years I remember players flipping a **** about the possibility of Artillery in Planetside 2.

Now that we have it in...... players are like: "Why is it so sh!ty?"
  5. Shadowomega

I have it and use it on heavily shielded bases that are in hard to breach locations. Its effectiveness is directly related to the users choice of placement and enemy concentration. Best place to drop it is close to the enemies spawn location, once the shield drops it will two shot anyone near the blast.

As for it being weak weapon system; currently you can see the target area on the map still and easily find the green target marker which dies in a couple of bullets. Its Effectiveness also ties in with the lack of people fighting in and around these bases. If the IPC could fire into static bases the whine would instantly skyrocket.
    • Up x 3
  6. UberNoob1337101

It only really harms sundies and player structures, and even then you can see on the map that they're gonna fire it there and sundies can most of the time just move away.

If they just removed the icon, then it'd be that more effective in it's current role.
  7. LaughingDead

Tbh i think they should remove the dart altogether. Its a massive gun system that requires ai to even fire, why not just tell it where to shoot?
  8. JKomm

That is their current plan actually, it'll make it much harder to disable by killing the dart for sure.
  9. Corezer

these are more like mortars...
  10. LtBomber1

A thread?
    Nah, more like free XP since it has to be build close, and most likely without a proper base (realy building a fully base to attack a base is kind of nonsense). Thanks to its tiny range it often has to be build in enemy terretory and in ****** spots and the glowballs are easy to spot.
    Who dies to this thing? No one, you can destroy the dart!! And even if not then it takes you to stand in a 10m place for 30 sec...
  11. RykerStruvian

I think it might be more likely that the IPC is meant to prevent bases from being built rather than as a means to destroy bases that are already built by players. Kind of like an area denial weapon. It's still kind of lame though, a far cry from PS1s flail. If had I a chance to pick a single base addon of any sort, I would want some kind of vehicle repair module. You already have the ammo module available to construct...would be nice to be able establish forward repair bases and the like. As it stands, I have to create a vehicle terminal first and then spawn a repair sundie instead.
  12. Liewec123

this isnt artillery really, this is an ion cannon, primarily made to take out player bases,
    it deals low damage to players and vehicles.

when the REAL artillery comes, then we'll have a s%%tstorm! :p

everything in a very very large radius dies, plus it has massive range.
  13. SixNineFour

Haven't used it yet, but I figure it should be excellent when used on base that is already under siege. Targeting the skyshields together with tanks and gunships and then sniping key structures underneath.
  14. SoljVS

Heh you actually thought they'd put in an artillery weapon that would be DEADLY towards infantryside ground lemmings?

Pls refer to long list of effective AI things that were nerfed into uselessness.