[Guide] do not use vehicles as cover!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghost001985, Mar 29, 2014.

1. ghost001985

im sick of people using my vehicle as cover, when i start receiving fire, i jump to the driver set to turbo away and kill 3 team mates! then they are B****ing " why did you kill me?" im sick of this BS!

if you choice to use a vehicle as cover just stand on the sides!
  2. Thardus

You beat me to it. Vehicles are great cover, but as you said, never stand in front of behind them.
    • Up x 2
  3. Crackulous

I haven't experienced this as of yet. Probably because it is a commonly known statistic that standing within 10m of a Magrider increases risk of death by 75%. The soldiers of the Vanu Sovereignty have learned from trial and error.
    • Up x 3
  4. ghost001985

the vehicle im mostly referring to is the harasser!
  5. Paragon Exile

Who in the hell hides behind a harasser? You'd be better off hiding behind sheet glass.

Seriously though, Harassers move way too fast, are too small, and too fragile to ever be cover for any but the most mentally-challenged.

Vanguards, lightnings, and prowlers are actually pretty good cover if you stand on the side though.
    • Up x 4
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

I dont use harassers as cover because, well, i find that the wind is ofte times more effective at protecting me than the harasser.
  7. Pelojian

If i'm taking cover behind a tank/vehicle it's a given i might get run over over while standing there repairing or taking pot shots. but i don't complain about it. decent players say sorry.

What annoys me is when there are flashes, harrassers and lightnings gunning it down the road right towards you at full speed and don't even slow down to give you a chance to dodge and not get run over or change their pathing so they don't run you down.

When i'm talking about lightnings i mean ones that can see you because their turret is facing forward.
    • Up x 1
  8. Radioactive Bomba

Live free in the NC, drive like ****e though... Freedom for me is that i don't need a driver license. But else, i can live with getting killed by friendly tanks when it's me running up and putting myself at risk or crossing the road, however some on flashes and stuff like that go for you, it's easy to see on the minimap when an ally is trying to run you over, i often punish them by putting shotgun rounds in them until they leave lol, or put their miserable flash or tank/Lightning out with C4 lol, so much hate xD

but only for those people who intentional team kill me or another random.
  9. Pelojian

one time as TR i was assaulting an NC base i think in a general infantry rush supported by a couple of tanks and a sunderer and there was an annoying enemy infiltrator driving around with a stealthed flash running people over.

by the time any of us could get a good target on him he'd get out of range to see the cloak effect. was annoying as hell but we kept fighting those we could see and got the sunderer out of the open and close to the base so 'roaming roadkill guy' couldn't vehicular manslaughter anymore infantry.
  10. NinjaTurtle

I have killed any players because they thought standing behind my big metal **** was safe.
  11. ghost001985

while im solo harassing. i park with the orientation perpendicular to the enemy fire, to reduce the amount of damage, people will stand behind harasser, or stand on the back of the harasser.
  12. Paragon Exile

I don't understand.

Doesn't the Harasser have a smaller frontal edge which has higher resists? Why would you go sideways?