[Guide] **DO NOT SPEND $$ FOR ROCKETS**

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GunShovelAlibi, Sep 29, 2013.

1. GunShovelAlibi

I have played MMO's since they came out - I'm a 44 yo professional IT gamer who doesn't like to get on any message board or forum. But after playing my Heavy for the last month (as a payed player mind you) this class is just not worth it -- you spend over $30 USD to buy the hawk, crow and decimator -- you would think that these would do a lot of damage - they do not. I have shot tanks, in the *** at point blank on to be nuked by them -- they have 90%+ armor.
    The tanks I'm not so pissy about - but come on - have you ever watched what a REAL stinger does to an aircraft? Just take a look at this video that is ANCIENT ... if you are going to charge monies for rockets - make them work the way they should - why should a pilot be able to survive 3 (mesquito) or 6 (bomber) Stinger/AA Rockets - I wont spend my monies on silly weapons that dont work any more. I will use my voice to make sure no one else does either.

Thanks.

Gun-Shovel-Alibi
  2. Lucidius134

*OP Paying SC for a 250 cert weapon*

Oh boy.

Oh dear.
    • Up x 25
  3. Thpthpthp

You know what tank and aircraft firepower does in real life? A hell of a lot more than it does in this game, same with rocket launchers cause if they 1 shot everything it'd be broken as ****. Balance > realism.

Secondly HA is objectively the best class in any 1v1 straight up fight, and SoE saw it fit to give them AV weapons as well. And if you think you should be able to solo a resource costing, cooldown envoking, bloody tank or aircraft just because you threw cash at SoE, you're playing the wrong game.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mongychops

If realism is important to you, I suggest you take a look at ARMA3. PS2 has abandoned realism to attempt both fun and game balance. Realism isn't necessarily fun or balanced (actual war isn't, really)

Infantry AV weapons have to be balanced around the fact that infantry respawn in 15 seconds or can be revived by a medic, tanks have a cool down and cost a lot of resources. Groups of infantry are perfectly capable of taking out tanks. It just isn't completely trivial.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ceskaz

Nanites !!!
    Come on, gameplay over realism in SF video game.
  6. Konfuzfanten

RL =/= PS2

Why? Because of fun and balance. In RL its all about winning no matter the cheesiness, in games its about having fun/getting challenged.

Professional IT gamer?
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428106629447765825/
    Really?
  7. Fenrys

The default launcher is almost as good as a decimator in most situations, and the extra rocket in reserve for the default launcher means more damage per re-equip if there are no ammo packs nearby.

The lock on launchers are 250 certs each, which IMO is cheap enough to get with certs instead of SC.
  8. lilleAllan

Should've just picked TR and gotten the Striker. That's value for your monies.
  9. Sention

I don't know I happen to love the annihilator as my weapon of choice. Just locking on and knowing someone else is slightly peeing down their leg in an attempt for cover over damage is just satisfaction enough for the few dollars spent. :)
  10. deggy

Poor thing.

You know the lock-ons do LESS damage than the default ones, right?

And that tanks aren't supposed to get oneshotted by infantry?
  11. Gundem

ESF's take 2 rockets, Lib's take 5.

Second, Tanks in this game already have weak enough armor, do you want to OHK them now?
  12. SolLeks

I am a IT professional and a gamer and I two like to come to forums - So what?

Your argument is based on RL, this is a game, L2WwAT!

(L2WwAT - Learn 2 work with a team)
  13. Zerran

Unlockable weapons are supposed to be sidegrades. You aren't paying for vertical progression, you're paying to get horizontal progression faster than certing for it. Just because a weapon is 700 sc does not mean it should be better than a stock weapon in every scenario, that would be what we like to call "pay to win" and it is bad.
    • Up x 2
  14. Sention

No I didn't :eek:
  15. Sention

For argument sake or not. I purchased a few extra weapons for more options on the battle field not to have an extra stake in winning. I enjoy playing and having options to have different weapons. I don't mind taking a short cut by using real money to have those options in a game that otherwise I could not attain with my present game time. Have I seen any extra advantage to having them. IMO yes and in some instances no. Did I expect more when I purchased them? Yes. However I completely understand why they do not. All I can say for certain is this. Like the original Planet Side and any other FPS it takes time to build up skills. I am humbled constantly both in game and watching some of the crazy S#$T some of you pull off in videos. LMAO
  16. CompletelyDeadCoyote

If you want oneshot smal airplanes, try Phoenix! It's NC weapon that gives some realy fun expirience.
    Also, i hope you know about an option to try weapon for free? If not: when you hit "unlock", in the very bottom there will be a blue line with text like "try for free". This will give you this gun for the next 30 minutes. Even more, if you'll be revived by medics instead of deploying. ;)
    Good luck on the battlefield!
  17. Liquid23

I miss my SMAW and thermoberic rounds... the fact I, unrealistically, can't knock down small office buildings by firing a single rocket from a shoulder system is ruining my gaming experience :eek:
    • Up x 3
  18. HLM

- Paid money to get something you could have got for free with a few hours of play time
    - Wants a single infinitely respawning, free infantry unit to be able to kill an expensive, heavily cert invested multi-crewed vehicle in one hit.
    - "But I PAID for it, damnit!"
    - SOE will listen to him

Basically what's wrong with the tank gameplay today.
    • Up x 1
  19. teks

Complains about rocket damage vs a tank then uses a RL life example of a stinger missile versus a aircraft.

Probably because he can't find any information of RL rockets being any more effective then the game versions agains RL modern tanks.

Thank you for proving that this game is not pay to win.
  20. Sention

HELLO NANITES!!! I mean for reals... Since planet side is a team play game with hundreds of soldiers in a controlled environment, ie/ everyone potentialy could have the exact same weapons in the same exact place. How fair would it be to one shot any vehicle? I guess quite simply stated; it would not. I mean, Hell if everyone could one shot any "Armored vehicle" what would be the point in flying around in any air assault vehicle or cruising around in a tank only to get it off a pad and see it blow up instantly from one missle. I am sure the complaint would go the other way if you were on the receiving end of that one shot. And I am also sure most would agree that RL versus Planet Side. RL sucks!! Stinger missle vs air craft. Stinger wins. :mad: That is reality. However, seeing 10 missles, chasing down one Mosquito, only to see it AB away releasing flares in an escape? In real life that would be cool. And like in game, it would piss off anyone that in real life just certed up for months or spent years of government funds to get a weapon they felt should instantly win them the war. To sum up.. Gunshovelalibi this is.. THANK god!! not reality. It's a crap load of kids, teenagers, middle aged adults and any other group of computer nerds with alternative life styles playing a game to escape reality for a S#!T load of fun, if only for a few minutes or hours. Your point was noted by all of us... but failed.