Do NC have the best LMG options?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ruar, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Catesfriend

... and the non-NC players who are envious of the SAW are only envious because they looked at the damage chart instead of actually using it. It's TTK is less than the EM6, it bucks like a bronco, and putting a 3.4x or 4x scope on it (for that awesome "long range" killing you think happens) screws up short-to-medium range combat due to both the time it takes to enable ADS and the fact that you're staring at the upper-left part of someone's knee when you do ADS.

Makes me wonder if you guys even play this game, or if you just play forum wars.
  2. Flashtirade

Actually, the 4x combined with the standard attachments and HVA is a counter-sniping setup. You basically use it like you would the semi-auto scout rifle: go for headshots and drop infiltrators in 3 (2 head, 1 anywhere).

Any kind of close to mid-range setup needs a 1x, 2x, or nothing (it has some of the best NC iron sights). Burst-fire all the time and recoil ain't no thang (it's at least manageable). Gotta ADS in every fight though, no matter the distance.
  3. Mekhazzio

Yeah, if only there were some way to see what it's like to play as other factions....

[IMG]

Oh, right. There is.
  4. KyadCK

So how about linking who's it is instead of trying to hide facts by cutting out only the part you like to stare at?

I'm sure I could find a TR or Vanu HA that goes on a rampage and copy their things in here too, does that make it ok for me to say the Carv and Orion are OP?
  5. KnightCole

The Gauss SAW is more like a AK47, short-med range full auto killing machine. It doesnt do particularly well at great distances, howver, it is a hellva lot more controllable at range then any other LMG ive used. (TMG50, T16, T9, GD22S) and all the other NC LMGs in VR. Comparing all those with the similar loadouts of Grips, x2 and Comp, the NC6 has the best control and is the best at range, but still seriously lacks in the dept. I agree that a x3.4 and better zoom really do not belong on the LMGs. x2 is more then sufficient for almost all situations.
  6. Alarox

Some people are crazy.

Jealous of the 500 RPM SAW's CQC abilities compared to your 750 RPM default bullet hose?
  7. Mekhazzio

It's linked - click on it ;) It's my much-neglected NC alt. I dust her off now and then pretty much only to play with the Gauss SAW. I'd love one in purple.
  8. KnightCole

Lol, that thing is cool as hell haha. I find it amusing to view stats sheets.
  9. KyadCK

Would have been more effective to just link your killboard looks like, there's better streaks then the one you posted.

Either way, you're far from the norm, and I can post the same kind of thing from my Vanu alt.
    [IMG]

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428057349743992097/killboard

Can't get it consistently though, I'm far too aggressive.

And even then, the SAW doesn't even break the top-5 for my death methods. It's the TRAC-5, Fury, Cyclone, EM6, and Carv, in that order, only dieing to the SAW 3 times.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428057349743992097/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=deaths
  10. Mekhazzio

Yeah, one person's run on one evening isn't exactly statistically significant. PS2's the sort of game where you could make anything work with enough effort, anyway, since weapon stats are pretty far down the totem pole when it comes to results. I could probably manage an uber Beamer killstreak or something silly like that...using a good weapon does make it rather easier though.

I was just dispelling the myth that people are locked into factions. What's the point of having multiple character slots if not to poke at the other toys in the game? I did 30+ hours on each faction in Beta, and that was hardly unusual. A great many people were running around with their faction abbreviation at the end of their name.
  11. KyadCK

I just have the rule that my Alts must be on different servers.

I'm not 100% loyal to the NC in general, just to the Mattherson NC. I kill them on Waterson and Conery all the time though. :p
  12. BHB_rightnow

What
    the fock
    are you on?
  13. TintaBux

I think its personal style mainly, I am much better with the T9 then the em6 or saw, far far better ,but that's because it suits my personal style more.
  14. Scorponok

yea i play NC daily...atm im using the EM6 going for a aux on it...i already got the aux on SAW my first aux weapon :p
  15. Lexicon

The irony of your post is hilarious. You do realise it's first bullet is dead on, as in 100% accurate, as in sniper level? If you think that, once the saw is certed out, it bucks like a bronco, you either really need to improve at this game or you're being massively disingenuous. I'm going with the latter.
  16. Flashtirade

Isn't this the same for all guns? I'm pretty sure that every single normal gun (not the shotguns without slugs, not the lasher) has 100% first-shot accuracy, and I'm pretty sure it's not really much of a benefit unless it's a sniper rifle. The SAW can be set up as a counter-sniper, but this accuracy advantage that you're stating is something that every gun has.
  17. ladiesop

The other guns have a cone of fire for the first shot. This is 0.1 degree for 143 tier damage weapons, and 0.03 for 167 damage weapons.

In practice, to miss a target 0.25m wide with 0.1 degree cone of fire, it has to be 286 metres away and the shot will need to deviate to the maximum end to do so, provided the shot is dead on. To give it some more wiggle room for aiming, maybe half the value to 143m away for the 0.1 CoF standing to make any difference at all, if you're unlucky.
  18. Catesfriend

Who cares if the first shot is dead on? If you're trying to single-shot people to death from range, it won't work because they just move then heal. If you're trying to single-shot people up close, just lol. And yeah, the gun is relatively inaccurate (although that probably doesn't matter to aimbotters).

Most importantly though, even when you fire it full-auto it's still dishing out less damage than an EM6 due to the SAW's very slow ROF. So yeah, I guess the "irony" is that the hardest hitting LMG on the NC side doesn't have the best DPS.

Plus, as I said, you only get one scope. Toss a 3.4 or 4 on the SAW for long-range fire and ADS is not much help in medium and short ranges.
  19. Scorponok

it works in short ranges as well but if you meet a shotgun its not gonna matter wich weapon you got unless the guy shooting manages to miss or you got a shottie
  20. Flashtirade

That's hardly a difference at the ranges most firefights take place in. If you're running some sort of single-shot setup I can see where that counts, but for most weapons in most situations I can't see that being super important, especially if bullet velocity and hit detection are factored in. Perfect first shot accuracy doesn't matter if the first shot doesn't hit.