Do NC have the best LMG options?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ruar, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Ruar

I decided to take a look at the weapons which I see killing me the most often so I went into VR and tried out the NC LMGs. I have to say I was very impressed with the options compared to what I have to use as TR.

What I noticed was a great mix of damage, recoil management options and soft point ammo options. The base damage is already really good and while the rate of fire is less that doesn't play as much of a factor in typical situations I have found due to the need to burst fire constantly for target movement.

Take the SAW for example. Highest damage of all the LMG's, ability to mount the advanced forward grip, compensator, and soft point ammo. What I found was I could easily control the recoil and the required number of shots for a kill was much less than what I'm used to with the TMG-50 and the T16.

These attributes would explain why I lose head to head battles so often against NC HA. The guns I'm using just don't kill fast enough and having the ability to shoot a little faster or a little longer doesn't really matter when you die first.

Normally this is the part where readers might expect a call for a nerf, but I don't think that's needed. What I do think should happen is more attachments and ammo options need to be offered for TR weapons. The TMG-50 and the T16 should get soft point ammo and access to a compensator. I'd even go so far to say all weapons should have access to all attachments and it's up to the user to modify as they see fit.

It just seems silly to give one empire's hard hitting LMG access to attachments to make it hit harder and easier to control while making another empires hard hitting LMG a long range weapon. In the end the one is a much better option due to constantly change ranges while the other is limited to a very specific type of engagement.
    • Up x 3
  2. Metalsand

Yes yes yes. I'm primarily a TR player, BR 50, and I had my NC at BR 9. So how did he all of a sudden go from 9-16 over a day or two? Three reasons:
    Shotgun Reaver
    Dual Hacksaw Max
    HA Saw

And I don't have any of those upgraded yet. I can't wait for 10x2 hacksaws, 7 shot Reaver, and fully upgraded HA. :D

Edit: But yeah, TR HA stock gun is complete garbage. I'd rather play Engineer rather than Heavy for everything but anti-tank infantry...oh wait, Engy has AV turret...well when I unlock that, TR HA won't really have a use now, will it? xD
  3. Ruar

I have nothing against the SAW but rather the way the SAW can be fitted out for in close work while the TMG-50 attachments are designed to only make it better at range.

I think the answer is to open all attachments for all LMG's and let the users decide how they want to specialize. Some people are better with higher ROF while others prefer slower, harder hitting. It's kind of silly to have to change faction to get a weapon you are comfortable with when there are attachment options that should let you customize.
    • Up x 1
  4. Farlion

Without a doubt.

Both Gauss SAW and GD-22S are arguably the best two LMGs in the game.
  5. TheBand1t

The SAW can use soft point ammo? Last I checked it could only use HV ammo which no one bothered with.
    • Up x 4
  6. YesNoMaybe

No softpoint on SAW. Softpoint is only on the Anchor and EM1 of the NC LMG's
  7. Emotitron

• Up x 5
  8. Ruar

I stand corrected then, probably got confused when I tested out the Anchor as well as the SAW. The advanced foregrip was on the SAW though and I'd love to have that on the TMG.

I still think more attachments would help the situation though.
  9. Zapon

in that case- if it really doesn't effect statistic, then i wonder if the TR had a machine gun with the ROF so high it killed in as little as the time of the SAW with it's damage- the stats would still be balanced. probably end up doing so over the long run...

none of this applies to me really, as i'm VS, so..... eh.
  10. Bankrotas

Best allround? Prolly EM6
  11. Zaik

saw only requires one less shot to kill than TMG-50, also SAW does not have access to soft point ammo, it's HV ammo. ammo and damage per shot doesn't really matter though, it's the extremely tight cones of fire and advanced forward grip with the already lower than most LMGs horizontal recoil.

i would also recommend not using compensators, they reduce hipfire accuracy for an extremely small amount of reduced vertical recoil, no point in using them tbh.

though i do agree on NC having better lmgs, at least compared to TR. only one i'd ever use is TMG-50. VS seem to have it a bit better at least.
    • Up x 1
  12. HellasVagabond

Sure that's why the TR rule the charts, because NC have the best weapons....But silly me i forgot, every TR in the game is a master when it comes to accuracy :)
    • Up x 4
  13. SirBurning

Isn't tr the loads of bullets down range faction? So to me it's not weird that your guns spray more towards the enemy instead of accurate fire.

Just throwing that in here. Glad that I didn't find a "NEERFF!!!" topic :)
    • Up x 1
  14. Konfuzfanten

I love the standard NC gauss SAW, i would love to be able to run with it, but its mainly because of the sound and different feel of the gun compared to the Orion, while nearly/just as effective at zero-50 meter range.

The only gun im a bit jealous of is the 750 rpm and 100 mag Carv.
  15. Purg

At what range? We have the conundrum where our MAX is too powerful because "all meaningful combat" is CQC, yet our SAW is our weakest CQC LMG. People (not you) are calling for it to be nerfed. If you're getting snotted long range, sure - SAW is better than the TMG-50 but both the Carv and the TMG-50 in my experience in game and not the VR room is that they're both significantly better in close to mid range compared to the SAW.. at least in my hands.

For me, the EM6 is probably a better all-rounder and it's not that much different to the TMG-50.
  16. NoctD

I still can't find a gun for my TR HA - I think its falling between the TMG-50 or T32 Bull? CARV/CARV-S are atrocious after nerfs to me at least.

I do 2 simple guns NC/VS that I'm happy with (2x reflex, laser sight)...

NC - GD-22S
    VS - Pulsar LSW

TR... haven't a clue. I want a gun I can put a 2x reflex that's good up to mid-ish ranges that doesn't have crazy recoil that is still half usable closer.
  17. Radec594

The CARV is fine, the TMG-50 however, after forcing myself to use a fully decked one for a month, I've died more than I've killed with it.
    Going back to the CARV was a significant improvement for me.

So if anything, TR needs an LMG that's up to par, or at least, that's true to the TR's faction trait (ROF) without a ridiculous spread after the first 5 shots.

I've found myself to be exponentially more efficient with the T7 chaingun rather than any of the current LMGs..
  18. Ruar

Try the T16. I was using the TMG-50 but found it just didn't seem to perform inside towers and such. The T16 isn't as strong at long range but I'm doing very good at medium to short ranges.
  19. NoctD

But it has no 2x reflex option. *sighs*

I just don't like the 1x or 3.4x dot, already have tried those, and they don't quite work for me.
  20. biterwylie

I would say the Orion is the best stock LMG. Best LMG I would say is the new NS LMG. That this puts rounds on targets like a monster.