Do Fractures get any better?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Neo3602, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Azawarau

Ill never understand the anti lockdown people

I lockdown with fractures all the time out in the open with no engie and only get rekt as much as my VS max

NC does better cause shield and falcon exist but thats kind of their thing

Fractures stink without lockdown

Lockdown isnt instant suicide like some people say
  2. Neo3602

and that's the problem the fractures shouldn't be dependent on lockdown to be usable whey should function fine without lockdown.
    Honestly I think that they should make fractures unaffected by lockdown so they can be buffed to be good on their own without worrying about how lockdown will affect their performance.
  3. Azawarau

I have a better idea

Buff the fractures and then reduce their effectiveness with lockdown so its about the same as it is now

More useful without lockdown and not any worse with lockdown

Everyone wins
  4. Cymoril

For me, I feel it needs a larger radius of splash damage or none and armor piercing. The pounder offers the splash so I don't see that being offered and the VS cry that the GK-aka Fracture on steroids needed a nerf when the Aphelion did the same damage.

I feel the game should shift where now that the maxes are watered down to be 2-3 shot kills they shouldn't cost 450 nanites up front to pull. There should be a base that is similar to the Amp station that makes the max a "free pull" and once the enemy takes it, the cost goes to 450. I'm thinking something along the lines of Command and Conquer Renegades if any of you kids or adults remember it. You had your scrub soldiers that didn't cost, then your specialized classes that were tied to a building. Once it was destroyed you were miserable. I feel somehow that could factor in with Heavy's and Maxes.

In answering your question I would go with the MERCY and the Fracture. Mercy is low consistent damage that you can aim better for headshots and same with the Fracture. It is what I use in suppression fights.
  5. FeralBoy

*Sniff sniff*
    Hmm. What's that I smell?
    Fracture 'lovin in the oven?
    Mmmm..... yesssssss! :cool:
  6. Cymoril

Short answer "no". Not worth it after their "buff".
  7. FeralBoy

I must admit the "buff" was rather lackluster lol... I still do like the Fracture though- even with its incredibly small niche window of usefulness.

*Recently overheard backstage after the Terran Republic presidential debate*
    And then the Pounder MAX looked around at his friends and boasted gloatingly-
    "And then I told the Fracture MAX 'you're no Jack Kennedy.' "
  8. Imperialguardsman

Fractures are a great long range AV option. If ya have fully certed lockdown with em they just slice through sundies and heavy tanks like butter at ranges that pounders would never be able to reach at all. The pounders are the close range killers that decimate anything within that close range.