Do Fractures get any better?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Neo3602, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Neo3602

I got my hands on a second Fracture for my max and so for my experience using has been sub-par and I'm wondering if its worth the effort to learn how to use them properly?
    • Up x 1
  2. Jolanar

Fracture DPS is incredibly low. The only scenario I can tell you where they break even is when you anchor, however anchoring as a max is basically suicide in any situation in which you would be able to use fractures.

I really want to know who thought giving TR a low damage, dumbfire, rapid fire system was a good idea. The idea of 'more dakka' doesn't really work in the MAX world (and barely in the infantry world). When most of your fights end up being at medium range and TR really only excels at extreme CQC (but I digress).

Basically, more shots = more chances to miss and less damage. VS makes up for this by having very high velocity on their Vortex. NC makes up for this by having a ridiculously overpowered guided missile system that deals high damage. Slow, dumbfire projectiles are no contest when compared to the other faction options.

I don't want to sound like I hate TR, but I find myself at a disadvantage most of the time when I engage with most of their weapons. It just seems like their TTK is so much lower than the other factions. I really just think TR need a mid range answer to the other factions. The low damage per round absolutely destroys TR chances of engaging at anything but short range.
    • Up x 9
  3. LordMatt XLVIII

They're great for laying down suppressive fire on vehicles or sniping sundies from incredible distances with sheer volume of fire, other than that they're kinda meh.
  4. DirArtillerySupport

The steepest learning curve with real returns involves the use of pounders. Once the firing arc and slow projectile speed is overcome there is nothing that's going to scare away tanks faster. They are devastating and the best part is virtually no one uses them for long distance bombardment. The target is totally unprepared for a full volley hitting the top of their vehicle. The trick is doing it all while moving and never ever standing still...and that takes months of practice.

Fractures? ..well they're just silly.
    • Up x 3
  5. Pikachu

Them poor fractures have had no popularity since their nerf in december 2013. :(
    • Up x 1
  6. Breadsticks

So both NC and VS get MAX AV weapons that have no bullet drop, perfect accuracy, fast reload, and great DPS, and then the TR gets this...thing
    • Up x 8
  7. Takoita

I really like how it says 'high velocity' in the description too.
    • Up x 3
  8. Breadsticks

Logic with ammo

VS with HVA: What recoil?
    NC with HVA: I can snipe with my LMG now! (They have 6x scopes on their guns, why don't we get them?:mad: )
    TR with HVA: WHY AM I SHOOTING THE SKY I WAS AIMING STRAIGHT A SECOND AGO or WHY IS MY ROCKET NOT GOING OVER THIS CANYON MY POUNDER LITERALLY GOES FURTHER THAN THAT
    • Up x 4
  9. Pikachu

It's almost twice has high as the rest. :) On release it was 500m/s. One day later it was nerfed to 200. Half a year later it was nerfed to current 180 with acceleration added, and more drop.
    • Up x 1
  10. day ofm one

When I play NC or VS and a Fracture MAX begins shooting my tank, I don't even care.

It is no threat, it won't deal much damage and there are bigger threats like turrets.

When I play TR MAX, I don't even bother with Fractures anymore.
    I prefere to use my Pounders on up to 150 meter range against vehicles, when you got their drop that is more efficient than Fractures.

Beyond these 250 meters range, pull a Lightning from the next base, that is 500% more efficient that Fractures.
    • Up x 4
  11. Liewec123

they used to be amazing, but now...yeah...
    on the plus side, if you have even moderate aiming then Pounders are crazy good :)
    i'd recommend grabbing a 2nd pounder and using that until(if ever) fractures get a buff.
    • Up x 1
  12. baka

Seconding the second pounder comment. Also (when you get the chances) full lockdown pounder is fun. It is rare that I pull my dual Fractures lately - IF there is a concentration of enemy armor at extreme range, AND I am already in a MAX suit, I will consider it. In that situation the lockdown fracture can also be fun. If you graphics are up, the red highlighting as they pass over the ground at night is fantastic!
  13. MarvinGardens

What were they like Grandpa Pikachu? Tell me what it was like in the good old days!
    • Up x 2
  14. Pikachu

No acceleration, 200m/s, less drop. You could shoot vehicles far away much better. But mots importantly was the infantry damage nerf. It used to take 3 instead of 5 hits to kill, which people complained upon a lot. When I played TR I always saw lots of happy fracmaxes running around shooting vehicles and people with ease. I did it too.

Did you know back in the old days falcons shot shells instead of the flaming glowing rockets of today? Comets were single shot and 2-hit kill. Pounders had 2 shots. Falcons had 250 splash damage and had extra damage beyond a certain range allowing for 1HK.
    • Up x 4
  15. ZZYZX

I miss the Sparrow MAX the most. :(
  16. LC89

Worst 2000 certs I ever spent was on the Fractures, Pounders are definitely the way to go for AV Max the 1750 extra certs are best spent on armor upgrades or an extra burster for your Max.
  17. Dimachaerus

I remember those days fondly. I also remember the days when we were going to get travel mode, and more cert options, and had things like laser sights for our guns in the cert trees. I remember impassioned threads about adding vision modes and zoom to maxes, ideas for improving their teamplay support aspects...

Alas, all good things must come to an end.

I also remember pounders sucking more than fondling donkey testicles with your mouth, for forever, falcons being the nearly invisible fist of an angry god (when you could get them to both hit), and comets being... uhh... comet-y? Weapon convergence was so nice to finally have, so not all has been bad for us old timers, but a lot more bad has happened than good for our chosen class.

Honestly I'd give Falcons back their old projectile and no damn acceleration, and make the TR's Fractures like a smaller rapidfire high velocity variant of that, sans splash. Pounders are just beautiful, and Comets/Vortexes are pretty fine by me. Ravens are literally Hitler-tier though, they do far too much damage for how stupid accurate and easy to use they are.
  18. dstock

I suspect this person also conceived the Striker, lol.

I like Fractures. A lot of that has to do with barely using my MAX, and memories of the hilarious AI days. I still use them for AI in certain bases, but I enjoy the challenge. Shrugs

The one thing I really hate is the acceleration mechanic. It seems to be the developer's tool of choice for ruining fun AV weapons.

Also, @pikachu, is it really 5 hits to kill now? I always shoot 3 pairs at infantry, but I assumed it went from 3 to 4 and I was just missing one because of the convergence factor. buzzkill :\
  19. Nurath

I've never even bothered unlocking the fracture.

I have a duel pounder max and that's as far as "AV max" as I get. Least trying to aim it right is fun.
    • Up x 1
  20. AmericanEmpire

Why even bother with fractures when the Pounder destroys stuff faster