DLSS OMG!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Feb 8, 2023.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I am stunned you guys listened to my paltry requests for graphical updates.

I can tell you right now running at 4K resolution with a 3080 RTX. I am stunned at the performance. 144 hz and purring like a kitten.

Way to go Wrel!
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

And as far as I can tell, no game ruining changes to overshadow the good, a rare update indeed!

Usually a patch like this would give you something nice like DLSS,
    But add esamir's wrelstorm to every continent.
    :p

I've tried the DLSS and it is nice, but you do lose a bit of response time
    because the image goes through further processing before it reaches you,
    and in this game lightning fast response times are a must!
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Actually it cut my input latency and response time in half from 96 ms to 56 ms according to the reflex latency analyzer on my monitor.

I also notice I don’t die in the spawn room or doorway when running from being hit, I don’t get the graphical delays on native. The updating of graphics from projectiles are more consistent with DLSS on.
  4. JibbaJabba

Yeah I kind jumped from "frames faster than I can see" to "frames way, way faster than I can see". So nice, but not really a benefit for me. And yeah now my concern is i'm having input latency.

Will have to test more...
  5. AuricStarSand

Just view Camikaze78's graphics, the ps2 utlra graphics are equally as elite, from DrDisrespects Warzone 2 graphics.

I still don't know why these newer games have all the hype. Was viewing BF2042 locker map shootout & for sure the base fights for BF2042 aren't as good as PS2 has them.

BF2042 locker map reminded me of Xbox's Counter Strike from when mics first ever were a feature for xbox's. Seemed outdated. I'm sure BF2042 has some okay environment maps, & has some pro qualities such as wind hitting the trees from helicopters. Yet their small building 10vs10 dm's seem less entertaining than a 48vs48 ps2 building fight. Also seems as if every gun play similar to a AR15 for Battlefield, very few gun styles. For sure PS2 Ultra has better graphics then Apex Ultra.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

So the reports from 1080 and 1440 users on resolution is the visual quality looks worse with no real benefits in big fights.

I can say on the 4K side the improvements are noticeable. Better frames, good visual quality and definitively lower input lag. The servers when they hit load at 96+ at prime time in one location regardless of frames, game still starts to run choppy, but that is more of a server performance issue.

The only downside I see with DLSS is a little artifacting, occasion shadows not drawn perfect or some lines like on walls or stairs get slightly distorted, but since I spend most of my time in motion I don’t really notice it.

I was asking myself at first why did I leave 1440 to 4k, but future proofing is starting to shine.
  7. Brunobassman65

Hi all and of course the devs ! Thx a lot for the new settings options since last december ....
    I tried and re-tried many different ways to test DLSS ....i read some posts but i hope we ll have soon a special guide on a gaming forum or reddit or PS2 or maybe a video "how to" check control panel NV (or AMD for FSR)...
    i tested in main resolution 2560x1440, it works only when "GPU" is orange 97-100% (25 fps more) but in big fights 48-96 vs 96 "CPU" is blue (even if it s not at 90/100%) and the result is not interesting.

After that ,I tried to set game and win11 in 4K (i have a 165hz Asus monitor with a RTX 3070) and the difference is big ...but minimap is too small (i had to launch Afterburner to read framerate because it was written too too tiny .
    SO i m searching on Google any posts about DLSS PS2 -settings posted in 2023 .
    I watched youtube channels of Zealous and Camikaze78 (thx to them for that) but they dont talk about Control f**** Panel and its options ....
    I tried what they told us : dl DLSS swapper but it works only with Steam /epic games etc...SO my PS is not detected by this soft to update the nvngx_dlss file...
    Sry for my english (i m french) ...read u soon !

[1FR]Bruno006 SV on MILLER since 2013 ASP 3
    [FFM]Bruno0006 NC on Emerald since 2022 BR 100