Disturbing trend on Connery server by the VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ravenwolf Foxtrack, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

First off, I want to say that I have been playing PS2 since beta and was a PS1 vet from 2003 to 2009. Ive seen my fair share of buffs, nerfs, balances, re-balances, ect. I also have a character on all three sides, all of them BR100+. For the past year I have been an Over the Road truck driver and I don't get to play as often due to time and viable net connection that can allow me to play on my gaming laptop when I'm stopped for rest and resets.

With that said, however, I do take notice of trends that give unfair advantage or ruins the fun of playing PS2. This one has to do with Hives and the VS. Just about every time I log on to play, I see that the majority of the maps are owned by the VS. Some times the NC or TR will have them, but mainly it is the VS who control the server. As I look deeper into just why, I see what it is. The VS build and bulk up as many hives as possible quickly, sometimes getting all seven hives up and going before NC and TR have a chance. Of course, it is a valid strategy and well within the rules of the game and build. At which point all the VS have to do is be the VS and keep their territory, take the quickest route to the warp gates, cash in on cortium, and know that the TR and NC will, for the most part, ignore the VS and fight each other because neither wants to fight the VS.

Now having played all three sides, I can attest from personal experience that the VS is easy mode, TR is medium, and NC is hard mode. The VS are better equipped in weapons and hardware, easier to hide in the dark, and can be highly effective. All of this just adds to why many NC and TR would rather not engage the VS, and why the VS don't have to worry about their hives being attacked too often, simply because they are ignored.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tankalishious

Ooh, exciting! A conspiracy thread, we haven't had one of those in.....days!
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

Mandatory upon mention:

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  4. Cyropaedia

VS Connery (specifically FPSK) also kills lots of enemy Hives so it takes two sides of the coin to tango. (Perhaps TR/ NC get discouraged from building). Your TR char is in BURT which is the other Hive killing-building threat on Connery. I haven't seen BURT or any other TR/NC devoted to the Hive game in a long time.
  5. LordKrelas

Welcome to Connery.
    Hives everywhere, once placed into hell-hole, the legion zerg's bases for quick VPs without thought for defense.

After all, the Hives work while warp-gated, and can't lose progress.
    Having 5 to 10 VPs as a starting point after all, makes quick land grabs easy - As while you do it, your Hives just raise the number.
  6. LostMyStuff :(

Maybe in the days of .75 ads orin and working ZOE, but now VS are in 3rd place for easy cheesy play, Nc have the best weapons and maxs and TR the sweet air and tanks, plus 40 round mags. Please tell me where VS have a advantage nowadays?
  7. LordKrelas

ZOE, where no infantry could outrun you, while you outran everything while firing like a manic.
    Orion still preforms damn fine.

Best weapons? Unless you score head-shots, you are flat out screwed usually.
    As well, VS's directive weapons are the most plentiful, with the LMG still achieving the best.

Best maxes?
    You mean the RNG shotgun maxes, that must avoid the outdoors like the plague maxes?
    You know, the entire AI arsenal of NC...
    The Raven Maxes, are kinda highly visible but effective, but best maxes? Good joke.

The sweet air?
    TR's mossie, has a great slim profile sorta, however the VS have a near dime for the Scythe when it is facing a target.
    Prowlers are great sure, at a distance usually.

Magriders have, and still do a grand performance with less tanks, as well can easily survive infantry.
    If VS didn't have any advantages, it wouldn't be winning at all, with the lowest population, and railing down two entire factions at once whenever it has equal or greater population
    Called Logic.
  8. LostMyStuff :(

Yea you tell yourself that dude, but there's a reason VS are now underpopped on almost all servers, and it ain't the spandex.
  9. LordKrelas

As winning endlessly is boring as sin?
    I was a VS.

As well, the guns have no kick, no glorious sound.
    The gear is fine usually; it's the visuals & sounds that usually suck.
  10. LostMyStuff :(

Winning endlessly lol. I can tell your a salty vet so no point arguing facts like population balance etc, your right whichever faction your playing is the best , well done.
  11. Insignus

FPSK Doesn't count.

They are well known for a number of pioneering borderline exploits in regards to hive busting and base building.

What Connery VS Has is a number of outfits specifically devoted to hive building.

When you combine this with their major outfit favoring tactics involving taking 1.5 full platoons wherever they go, you can understand our annoyance. They wail on you with a hammer by regularly ruining fights, stash points with chain activation hives, and then hop on reddit and pound their chests about how "VS Is best, we have best strategy! We are perfect at teamwork!"

Yes. Teamwork. We'll call it that.

Granted, everyone overpops from time to time.

Only one faction on Connery adopts it as their SOP.

This is the same faction that then extols it as exemplary leadership.

Does it get the job done?

Sure.

Is it effective, exemplary, or sound?

No. Hell no.

Its people throwing a box of hammers at a piece of drywall, then congratulating themselves on deconstructing the wall, and blaming the wall for having to pick up thousands of little pieces for the next half hour.

VS are also the only people I've consistently suspected of running 4th factioners.
  12. Weylin

I've been loyal to the TR since the beginning, but the VS are looking really really preferable on Connery....
    I'm just so ******* sick of getting farmed in these 75% VS 25% TR battles. Every single one has these ******* pop ratios.
    Where the hell is the TR on Connery? Indar was so ******, NC wouldn't **** off and help us with the VS and instead let them take the map with a +15 point lead.

I check all the owned continents and all but 1 or 2 belong to the VS

NC, TR, lets put our differences aside and focus on the real threat here. I'm just going to defect if this **** continues.
  13. Cyropaedia

I hear you. Are you talking about TWC2? They use the same tactics which have been employed by BURT and HAMD/666 in the past. Unfortunately for the server's health, I haven't witnessed platoon-level coordination consistently on TR and NC since Christmas.

VS Connery is the definition of the perfect meta sh*t storm:

[FPSK] - mobile, squad-level killing-building Hive unit. (I haven't seen them exploit but I know they are high cohesion).

[TWC2] - yes, they take the sledgehammer to problems by dropping platoons on 12 galaxies.

[24x7] - expert hive builders.

DonAlfrago Air Balls of Death

Lone wolves.

High levels of communication in command.

All of these factors are applied consistently during prime time.

Less so about the VS, I'd love to see TR and NC outfits step up again.
  14. Cyropaedia

Sadly, as someone mentioned in another thread, the new continent bonuses may have worsened the 2-v-1 (faction) meta. People care less about continent locks and more about their personal stats/directives. People will take the path of least resistance (the most farmable faction).
  15. No0T

Nice... you vvould do vvell playing star craft instead of planet side go Korean vvork vvork vvork and think you have skills... EVERYBODY KNOVVS THAT GENIUS BUT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE SEE IT AS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!
  16. No0T

Nop, just the stupid people that gets boring and leave the game for their ovvn choice of not playing it without finding any contradiction in that. Not people but stupid people see the difference?
  17. Morpholine

I've been dabbling on TR on those odd days when VS has huge global over population, and TR really seems to be a different culture from VS, at least in the public platoons.

The majority of the open platoons I've been in have been mostly concerned with finding a good farm, and not so much about pushing any objective at all. One even had 6 outfit guys running a striker Valkyrie, and totally neglecting the rest of the squad. They should have just booted the pubbies and made the squad private.

TR don't seem to be coordinating much at all, at least from a semi-outsider's perspective. The only orders I've seen go out through that system was Hej saying, "Take <base> at all costs!" at fights where TR already was pushing 60% local population.

Combine that with one squad squawking about another outfit platoon "taking 30 prowlers to go cap a bio lab", and it really doesn't seem they're playing the same game as VS.

I haven't played my NC alt much, as they never seem to be low pop at the same time TR isn't 40% of the server, so I can't speak for them.
  18. FateJH

I survived as Connery TR back when we only had 20% continent population. On Indar. During primetime. Nightly. The rest of you are still very much green.

It's called "we don't care to fight you." The VS faction always seem to find their way into that position for other players, so as history in this game goes.
  19. Nogrim313

im

i'm not going to waste time debating the idiocy of vs= easy mode b.s.
    but i can say the major reason Connery VS are dominating in this area are two fold.

1. the Asian "menace" = simply put VS seem to have gained a really large proportion of the pac-rim players, this translates to a population advantage during the day time hours.
    2. Connery VS have always been pretty supportive of the game through buying weapons and items. out of all three factions i feel like the VS tend to have more cosmetics, weapons, and goodies unlocked than the other factions on connery (this is just observational)
    this in turn i think extends to base building as more VS seem to have unlocked the building structures leaving more VS capable of starting bases. which in turn leads to more bases being built and more people contributing their buildings to hives that have been constructed.

3. is a side point. the wild cards tend to go on hive busting duty as soon as the other factions get 2-3 hives up and anywhere near 100% effeciency. in turn they also tend to follow up busting an enemy hive with setting up one after to claim the inactive ones

again its observational but ive found VS on connery play for the win as a faction, we focus on objectives more so than farming and personal gains. so busting enemy HIVE, touching a warpgate, or getting most HIVES are usually means to an end to gain the continent. this is imho compounded by the sheer number of open platoon running outfits connery VS have kept going since launch.

playing with the wild cards most of the time i can totally understand why their/our tactics are frowned upon by the other factions as i can't imagine our hit and run ops are not exactly fun to fight against.
  20. PanzerGoddess

Prime times for [FPSK] and [TWC2] are evening times from I can tell. There are times when I see TR leading cont locks during the day during non-prime hours.

I can only speak for TR and its been said in many different ways, its just a lack of. BURT does a great job at busting hives "when" they want too, outside of that, they are the typical outfit unwilling to help any other platoon or outfit outside their own. Weve all seen it, heard it, anyone in command......er wait let me rephrase, we don't hear **** in command lol...

Its a zerg farm trend for TR, follow the crowd. I run a small squad as I have no desire to deal with platoons are command in general and we build HIVES and do a lot of base defend.

Building HIVES can be good and bad, 90% of the time TR wont come help defend a HIVE if it takes them away from farming, unless its convenient your always on your own. The biggest issue which I'm sure all factions experience is, either new players, people who don't care or 4th factioners.....yes I said, we know it exists, I've seen it happen with my own eyes : its like a dirty process, grab ant, fill, put silo down, put one turrent and module up....maybe, throw down HIVE, leave?? <--we will say this while that secret agent logs into other account and somehow manages to kill HIVE :p

Its plain and simple, TR leadership sucks and barely works together unless the numbers are in their favor. VS has great teamwork and seems to put plans in motion, I enjoy playing fighting the VS. In regards to FPSK, what we see as exploits they see as advantages o_O