Disruptor Ammunition will be abused

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, May 25, 2019.

1. Magma52

Because obviously. Just stick to incendiary, for the love of God.
  2. Pelojian

it'll probably be spammed to defeat infiltrators and heavy assaults by taking away their ability energy, like when a bunch of heavy assaults are holding a doorway.

incendiary could be a nuisance as well in crowds if it's an AOE.
  3. Demigan

Because obviously what? You sacrifice your primary (and even with ASP you still have to hold the grenade launcher out and switch) and the probably best use would be to drain Heavy Shields. It would best be used against heavies!

Infiltrators should LOVE disruptor grenades. It limits the DPS your enemy can dish out and allows any infiltrator an easier time murdering the Heavy wielding it.

What I find more problematic is Incendary grenades. In all practicality they have no AOE damage falloff that I've seen.

Also they give this to the Heavy, even though it would be a excellent weapon to give the Medic more unique ways to function and be a more used class.
  4. DemonicTreerat

Meh it was inevitable that at some point there would be a NS Heavy gun. At least this one might be somewhat useful, but I can see the Incindary ammo being the default. What it needs is to have almost zero blast or a second or two of delay between launch and explosion. The former means having to actually hit with it while the later gives the targets time to get out of the way if they're paying attention.

Who gets to use it bothers me (I would rather it have been a sidearm) less than the fact that they have time to put in a new weapon plus new ammo types but can't be bothered to even acknowledge that sticky grenades are still bugged for the NC. I can only guess that Wrel is still angry some NC engineer put an end to his narcissistic stream by slapping one to his head so he's blocking the fix out of spite.
  5. Whiteagle

You mean the "fuse" type?
    The Classic Thumper actually did both contact detonation and a delayed fuse of I think three seconds, which you could toggle between via firing mode.
    Would be surprised if the PS2 version can also do the same, but the latter would certainly be more useful than the former for indirect fire.