Discussion of monetized combat advantages

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pax Empyrean, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SinerAthin

This thread attracts more trolls on this forum than a drop of sirup next to an anthill.

Thanks for your persistence, OP, you make some good points :)
  2. Etcher

Well there are several factors for why people just don't want to join the other faction. You even pointed out that some people choose based on the ideology that manners to them the most. Story and lore are great motivators for roleplaying and some people join certain factions because they truly want to be a part of a certain side's believes. Some games don't even have a story and some people don't feel motivated to play without a reason to care about playing the game. Gameplay can be compelling, but it isn't always enough. I personally joined the NC because I like to roleplay a rebel. The colors are also nice too.

Another reason that people complain is that they already invested a lot of time in their side and can't transfer credits to different characters. (This is another thing that I really hate about this game. Isn't paying the same stuff the first time enough). You may have used actual money too so you end up being attached to a faction as a result.

The third reason I can think of is that their outfit or friends are playing on that side. If you play with people and form a connection with them, you are usually less inclined to go to a different side. Social connections are a very powerful thing.