[Discussion] How to fix crash>lose resources>QQ

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TartarusMkII, Nov 21, 2012.

1. TartarusMkII

Hey everyone,

This thread is about the problems that come after a crash. This thread is not about crashes.

I'd like to see if we can think of some ways to put relief on this problem if crashes can not be subdued.

The Problem:

Once you crash and re-log, you lose your spot on the continent, any vehicle you had, the resources you spent, and the time you've used up for instant action.

For example, I spawn as VS at Amerish, Instant Action to a base in the south, the base is taken immediately, I grab a Scythe, then promptly crash as I enter the vehicle.

This means when I re-log, I cannot use instant action, nor can I get my Scythe.

What Will Not Work:

If we remove the fact that we log back in at the warpgate, then anyone in danger could just log out and come back when danger has passed.

I've got no other ideas, personally. Does anyone else?
  2. OnTheJazzTR

This drives me mad, my system is struggling a bit so I'm spending a lot of time finding myself back at the warpgate. Fair enough if I'd been gone a while but to restart the game immediately and be put back in the "10 minutes" (yeah, let's call that 25, really) queue and then back to the warpgate, sometimes on a totally different continent... it's frustrating when I'd been enjoying a good battle.

Easiest solution to me would be to have the game reserve your place on the server for a few minutes, not really long but just long enough to quickly fix a crashed game or connection drop, and so put you straight back on the same continent you were previously on.
    If being in the same spot is a problem, then the redeploy screen with you being based at the same spot (so can spawn to your empire's nearest spawnpoint) could do for staying in the same fight, although not so nice if you just got a vehicle out, I'd rather just let you log back in where you previously were. In some other games your character stays in the same spot for a while when you DC anyway, so is still vulnerable even if you're not there, that'd be enough deterrent to the "log out to avoid a danger" idea.
  3. TartarusMkII

I worry that having the ability to leave and come back like that would be abused.

But what if we had a timer that said, if you come back in, you can redeploy as if you had died at that location, but after that you can't do it again for, say, 30m to 1h?
  4. TartarusMkII

I just bought the skyguard weapon for 7 dollars worth of credit, and then as soon as I spawn with it, I crash. I bought it because we're being camped in our warpgate. I log back in, and I'm in the spawn tube, and my tank is gone, with a 10 minute cooldown.

This doesn't help me. This doesn't help my team.

Are we certain that nothing can be done about this? I think I'm just going to get off for the night all together because of how pissed this has made me.

Do you mean to tell me NO ONE else finds this to be a !@#$ing problem?
  5. Trignite

I think it should just bring you back to the spawn screen and you can spawn at bases near where your client crashed or the WG
  6. Marinealver

In the first game you came in where you last logged on as long as it wasn't in an enemy SOI.

Heck I remeber one time I logged right in the middle of a tower defense. That was fun. I felt like it was a Star Trek Soldier beaming into battle.
  7. TartarusMkII

Still, though, I worry that such a function would be abused, because people under fire can just bail out until it's safe. Even a timer to log out wouldn't stop people from just ending their process or something. Respawning at the Warpgate solves this problem.

Only problem is, is that it creates new ones.
  8. Onigirin

i thought this post was going to be about flying a galaxy in to the ground.
  9. helloworldy

Play a bit, get your resources...? Profit.

If someone spends $7 to win one battle...Oh, SOE's gonna make a fortune! :D
  10. TartarusMkII

My point is that it's frustration that doesn't really help Planetside 2. I'm sure SOE doesn't want to frustrate their players. Generally not a wise business practice.

Also, the 10 minute timer is what really got me.
  11. TartarusMkII

Anyone else have any ideas? I am crashing less, but it is still an issue.

I wish the game could tell that you've honestly crashed and not bailed out, but I know that's shoddy =P