Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Lainruin

yes yes yes. -turrets -aircraft makes pods much less useful
    probably no longer worth it

its okay with sundies
    will be more whine - hovering bombers will now shot infantry around in order to kill sandy not just on the way
  2. Liquid23

I will obviously do what any mature adult would do... throw a temper tantrum on the interwebz
    • Up x 1
  3. Metsuro

false, They have no certs therefore any launcher above the default has to be an upgrade.
  4. Wasdie

False. The AV and AA launchers are a sidegrade to the default launcher, not an upgrade. Before the patch they were both straight up upgrades, now they are proper sidegrades to many people's dismay.
  5. Goomba

Nope. You can tell because they changed the lock-on rocket launchers to be dedicated to locking on. It's subtle but it's there.
  6. Archaegeo

Any weapon that can be bought with SC is a sidegrade. You might consider it an upgrade because it works better for you, but its basically a choice of playstyle. Its why Rocketpods got nerfed, they were becoming the only thing to load out.

Now I do agree we should get cert refunds whenever something we bought, with SC or certs, gets modified
  7. Metsuro

And this should be a bannable offense. Its not persistent if I can just hope over **** up the battle and just switch back to get the free certs.
  8. Nehlis

How does no certs = upgrade?
    That's like saying that the AT cannons are pure upgrades to the HEAT cannons because they cost SC and have the same kind of Certs. They're not. They're specializations.
    They are an alternative rocket launcher specialized for either Anti-vehicle specific or anti-air specific purposes.
    It is not an upgrade, it is a specialization.
  9. xboxerdude

Sorry brother Im not an "ADULTerated" one you speak of. What you percieve as a "Temper Tantrum" just might be :D
    I am a lil ******** over the changes and as someone who has 5k kills in this game I'm ready to say **** it right up a lawsuit for fraud and mail it over to sony. I bought the alpha squad, would that 40$ better be used for 3x station cash? I would have been able to buy 3x station cash , unfortunatley I had already spent the money on alpha squad. The whole way SONY is making money off this game is ******* their customers.

So when you get ****** by someone or something you don't say anything? You let them think it's OK to commit fraud like activies ? Go try selling a car that only has wheels and an engine and maybe to seats but no paint job no doors nothing, but you took preorders on it and then told people they would get a shiny new car and you give them a car that runs but its missing half the ****. Would that be fraud?

This releasing of BETA as a full game and taking peoples money is really ****** up and immoral if it isn't considered fraud I don't know what it is considered. First class action lawsuit agaisnt a game developer for fraud?
  10. Liquid23

no you should get a refund if and only if said item no longer does what it was advertised as doing when you bought it... both the lock on AV and AA launchers are very specifically described and advertised as being AV or AA lock on launchers... they still do exactly what they were being advertised as doing when you bought them ... no where in the description of either is it claimed they are multi-purpose... now if they had removed the lock on feature than damn right you should get a refund for it (and lose use of said item of course)
  11. Metsuro

Because you can't increase the capablities of the weapon, therefore its base abilities need to be higher than the default, or give it options to adjust it.

Every gun for everything in this game has attachments and improvements. Launchers do not. Therefore giving them the ability to dumb fire and lock made perfect sense. Now they are just useless weapons that will never improve. They cant' be sidegrades, when all the changes is speed of the projectile.
  12. Yosiu

my input into discussion:
    -multiple character - i'm fine with it, if there is at least 5 minute cooldown, would be great if there would be some tool to report intended teamkilling. It would be helpful with other TK cases as well.
    -Tech Base shield generators - you seems to forget we are getting new Rocket Launcher, heavier one. I think it will make tank zerg less viable option.
    And seriously those 2 hour battles were stupid. Good for cert farming as Medic, but very unbvalanced, compared to other bases.
    and IMHO best change - black engineer tool - maybe now some newbs will stop running around my medic saying "i need repairs" ;)
  13. Goomba

But they are. They are sidegrades.
  14. HMR85

Everybody should of known that this change to the launchers was going to happen. The originals where not meant to be a upgrade. It needed to happen and I'm fine with it. Choose wisely when pulling one.
  15. Xanek

What facebook promotional weapons are they talking about in the notes?
  16. EmanModnar

You could always make another free account and do it anyhow. So if you can't beat them....
  17. Goomba

The AA rocket launcher isn't the only anti-air in the game. There's also more roles for you, as a heavy assault, to preform other than shooting at aircraft.
  18. Nehlis

You're still not showing the logic behind 0certs = pure upgrade.
    The only pure upgrades in this game are to be bought with certs only, every weapon bought with station cash needs to have a disadvantage to account for the advantage.
    It is a sidegrate. Any weapon buyable with station cash has to remain on near equal terms with the stock weapons. The fact that you can lock on means you won't miss a tank if it decides to move out of the way from your rocket, meaning you have an increased effective accurate range. The downside is you can't use it on infantry. It was never meant to be a pure upgrade, as that would go against their business model of "No selling of power". The first version of it WAS a pure upgrade since it was the stock rocket launcher with the ability to lock on, but now it's a sidegrate, as it was meant to be.

Just because you can't upgrade the object in question, doesn't mean it is a pure upgrade over the original weapon.
  19. Kurreah

Both lock on launchers gave up damage in exchange for their lock-on capability. The G2A launcher was something like 30% less damage than the default. Hence sidegrades.
    If you just want to kill tanks, the default is still better than the G2A launcher, and in some cases better than the G2G launcher as well.

Incorrect. Damage is also reduced.
    • Up x 1
  20. EmanModnar

Only with the alternate sniper rifles, the initially equipped TR rifle couldn't one shot someone in the head from a distance, the other one can (but I didn't pay for it, unless it was part of the alpha squad thing, then I did). Reload times, damage, and accuracy over distance are the three variables used for the guns.