Discuss Vanu assault rifles

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Scientiarum, May 15, 2013.

1. Mostadio

As much sense as this makes, I still find that I perform better with the NS-11. The outstanding feature of the NS-11 is that it has no outstanding feature. There's no drawback to compensate for some advantage. The only thing you can say about it is "It's not a bad gun." There's a reason that vanilla ice cream is the best selling flavor.
  2. Adamar09

None of the other medium to long range ARs VS get have such good hipfire or 0.75 ADS movespeed. It also has more damage/mag than everything but the Corvus. TR have the SABR and NC get the Reaper DMR (the default Gauss isn't bad either, is it?), so it's not like anyone is strapped for options.
  3. Kociboss

SABR-13 after buffs has become a beast. Point&click literally.

T1 Cycler is not half bad if you learn to deal with 2.75x 1st shot multiplier (which is actually less than NS-11A, mind you).
  4. sindz

H-V45
    NS-11A
    Corvus

Rest are garbage.
    • Up x 1
  5. lilleAllan

The Gauss Rifle is fantastic for ranged encounters, sporting managable up/right recoil and INSANE bullet velocity, which is boss for mid-long range work. Most of the plebs just don't realize it since they're too busy looking at the wrong stats.
  6. Costanza33

H-V45 for CQC (soft point ammo + foregrip), NS-11A for medium and long range (high velocity ammo + foregrip+ compensator). Scopes are always a proper personal choice. And I must say that the new Corvus model kicks *** (as the new Ursa LMG) :)
  7. Joram

HV-45 is our best AR, it shines at close combat and you can use it at medium range if you can control the recoil, the Corvus is not bad, really slow firing, really easy to manage the recoil, very rewarding if you go for headshots and you are totally scrub if someone gets you closer than 25 meters (if you play HA the Corvus handles exactly like an Ursa).

The other factions have way betters ARs than us, im playing as TR Medic in Mattherson, i already knew that the TRV was good, but i tried the TAR... omg, this thing is so sweet, high rate of fire, easy to control and 40 bullets magazine, probably the best infantry weapon overall, cant wait to buy it and try it with a forward grip and compensator.
  8. Kociboss

There is no compensator for TAR. Only F-supressor and supressor.
  9. Goden

It's ok CME. Don't let the big mean sindz hurt you!
  10. sindz

:(

NS-11A has better recoil, more bullet velocity, 0.75x ADS move speed, 35 bullet mag and lower COF.

All though CME wins with 2.5x first shot recoil where NS-11A has 3x.

There is just no reason to get CME over NS-11A :(
  11. Goden

'The CME looks nicer!
  12. sindz

But... I got nothing, you are right!
  13. Goden

I actually preferred the recoil pattern of the CME over that of hte NS11A, but that's just me.
  14. Codex561

Dude yuo crazy! Hv45 is good for everything! i take out people on a 400m range (Just c-4 the maxes, cant take em down). Hv45 is like pulsar vs1 only better
  15. AtroposZero

Great video. Medic and MAX are my two favorite kits to play (in that order.) I will say, though, that pretty much everyone you killed in that vid was very low battle rank... not that it wasn't entertaining to watch, but the outcome would have been a lot different against very experienced players.

Either way, yeah, I love the H-V45 :)
  16. Vortok

Got to the gold medal on the NS-11 recently. I had to force myself. Wasn't particularly amazing at medium to long range and subpar to the H-V45 at close range. Don't have the Corvus, but it didn't feel particularly better at long range shots in VR, just different... and it's basically a slower fire rate, slower velocity, slightly lower recoil version of the NC's default Gauss.
  17. Kingside

I know this thread is about ARs for Medics but I favor the use of the Sirius over the H-V45 for CQC. I guess the larger magazine makes the difference for me and it seems like it has better hipfire

Lately I have been using

NS-11P - Long (waiting for Corvus to go on sale)
    H-V45 - Medium
    Sirius - CQC
  18. Mostadio

What is this Eridani SX5G I see on my cert list? Not that I'd use it, but I don't see any way to unlock it :eek:
  19. Adamar09

Indeed, the initial cone is only slightly smaller but the big kicker is the hip bloom on SMGs is the same as ADS, which is half of what every other gun gets. A pretty big bonus.

It's only 250 certs now, pretty reasonable to grind out.

First gen SMG, might be bugged out. It's not an event gun or anything like that. That said the other SMG (Sirius) is pretty much straight up better.
  20. Mostadio

It's not the 1st gen. I have both unlocked and certed. Yes, Sirius is better. Anyway, the original is the SX5. This is the SX5G. I also noticed that I lost 4% completion on medic recently and I have a feeling this gun's existence is why. Just wondering if anyone has any info on HOW to unlock it so I can throw away more certs into pointless crap.