[Discuss/Question] Obtaining Black Camo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pingonaut, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Pingonaut

I recently made a thread asking peoples' general tips and suggestions when it comes to auraxiuming weapons and completing directives. I received a lot of very useful advice so I thought it would be beneficial to do the same with obtaining the black camouflage. I hope it's not too much to ask, having only asked a question a few days ago.

Question is, what are your tips to finishing the "Exceptional" directive?
    • Best/easiest weapons to use
    • Ways to get the weapons needed (as most/all aren't available for direct purchase)
    • How you personally obtained it, and how difficult it was (if you have, which would be a rare thing and a big help to those who want it)
    I'm looking forward to the responses. I'm certain that I'm not the only one hoping to get a bit more information on the subject.
  2. Prudentia

easiest is probably the Golden SMG and the Platinum NS11A
    as you have a emerald character i assume you live in the US and therefor have easy Access to gamestop. in that case get a stationcash Card and enjoy a free Platinum weapon that also Counts towards directives.
  3. Saber15

The Gamestop cards currently give just a stupid implant bundle.

It gave a Platinum Commissioner for a month or two, but they changed it to the implants when they announced the $5 off deal.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pingonaut

I don't believe my GameStop carries these cards, unfortunately. I'll have to check again at a later date.
  5. ShortRovnd

1) Go back in time to when Recruit Rewards were functional and get the NS-11CP, NS-15MP and MBT HEAT-R.

2) Buy the boxed version of PS2 to get a Gold SMG.

3) Combine these 4 with the NS-11P that everyone now has and Auraxium them all*.

*The MBT HEAT-R may prove difficult to Auraxium since the tank nerf and resource update.
  6. Pingonaut

Here's the problem: I can't go back in time. I appreciate #2, but giving tips that are clearly not possible (and are being posted as some kind of joke? I can't tell) isn't helpful.
  7. TraatAdmiral

There's nothing to be done about it. I assume you've already got the NS-11P, and there's a thread in the Infiltrator forum about how to get the golden SMG. Be careful of that, though--it worked for me, but apparently other people have had problems. Other than that, you're welcome to try to auraxium the flare guns or Deep Freeze if you bought those back when they were available, but if you didn't, you'll have to try to auraxium the Commissioners or maybe one of the crossbows, if those are available, or wait until they release more Exceptional primaries.