Discord Adversely Impacting Game Performance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AlcyoneSerene, Feb 4, 2020.

1. AlcyoneSerene

Discord seems to be the only persistent factor I've isolated to decrease Planetside2 frame rate, introduce constant frame ghosting or trailing, and frame glitching.

Not sure what the cause is, or if Planetside2 is at all at fault even. Just relaying this in case others have similar problems.

This bug started some time after streaming Planetside2 gameplay over Discord. I've contacted Discord support so they can investigate the issue.

How to replicate: launch discord just once. Stream over discord just once. The bug remains permanent.

When it first hit, it used to be severe, completely unplayable, like walking around hit with a flashbang. Now it is not so bad but still very noticeable. Only occurs if Discord is launched, and becomes more likely the longer Discord is open.

The only thing that clears it is to restart, and never launch Discord.

This bug persists no matter what monitor I use (60 hz vs 144 hz), on an old or completely fresh installation of PS2.

Video uploads do not capture the bug all that well due to compression, reduced frame rates, smoothing, but in game I cannot play with such a significant performance decrease that otherwise is completely absent no matter how many hours Planetside2 is open.

I tried uploading some videos (see descriptions) of it. What is apparent is screen flickering (when checking the map), character rotation lag, and perhaps some of the frame hitching.