Directives don't stay tracked when changing characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cruczi, Jan 15, 2016.

1. cruczi

If I play on just one character, tracking seems to work fine. But as soon as I switch to another character, it tries to track the directives I chose for the last character. If the same directives are available, then it will track those, otherwise it will track nothing. That's just stupid - the game doesn't remember which directives are being tracked on which characters, it seems to treat directive tracking as a global account wide thing.

Is there any workaround to this, or is this just a bug that I have to wait for DBG to fix?

A related issue is that for all of my characters, the Basic Training and Social directives are automatically tracked. If I untrack them and choose some other directives to track, the game will decide to reset my choices when I login again. The only solution to this seems to be to complete all of those directives, including the "Get 3 ESF kills" directive which I don't even want to do. This is stupid, the game shouldn't force people to track objectives they don't want to complete.
  2. Lord_Mogul

A small hint for the basic directive:
    you can do all of it in the VR training.
    Especially the ESF kills might be a bit hard to those, who aren't ace pilonts (and I know the skill ceiling for dogfighting is high)
  3. Statboy

I occasionally get the same issue. It's mostly HA/LMG directives that drop for me though. Carbine directives always stay up no matter what class I play.
  4. cruczi

Thanks. It's not the skill ceiling, it's that the skill floor is high for piloting, but yeah you have a point.

I'm not talking about different classes on the same character, I'm talking about different characters on the same account.