[Suggestion] Directive weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Feb 12, 2019.

1. TRspy007

They are basically shiny versions of the default weapons, with in some cases attachments that render them worse than the default weapons. After taking the time to aurax 4 or 5 different weapons, it would be nice to earn a unique weapon, that feels different than the weapons we used to earn it. They should open up a new playstyle and feel enjoyable to use, and should exel in a certain situation, or exel at being adaptibke depending on the weapon. Most directive weapons are a confusing mess, a default with random attachments thrown on and plated in shiny armor. As much as I enjoy looking cool with them, I can for sure state that in most cases I am disappointed with them, and from what I hear I am not the only one. Let's take the Scorpios for example, with high velocity ammo on an SMG, which makes no sense for a weapon of it's class, furthermore it does not have the accuracy or damage profile to profit from the high velocity ammo, which reduces it's damage profile up close, where an SMG is supposed to excel. Another example, the tracshot, or tracksh*t as I like to call it, has an underbarrel shotgun, yet the main weapon does not perform well at close range, and fares even worse at longer ranges, it fits no specific role, and the underbarrel shotgun further confused the purpose of the weapon. I would like to see a bit more thought put into these weapons, not to render them OP, but that they have a clear distinct role, and that there is an advantage of using them over the default apart for bragging rights.

One more thing I would like to point out, is that there is no MAX directive weapons. It would be nice if after 5 or 6 weapon auraxiums on the MAX we unlock a directive MAX weapon for each arm. Not sure whether it should be dedicated to AI, AA or AV or one for each, but it would be cool to have a new, shiny looking weapon for the MAX.
  2. Twin Suns

A Chainsaw would be nice.

o7
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

How about we give the pts hacksaw to the tr and the pts mattock to the vanu and the nc get a mutilator.