Directive Weapons Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YouWannaGetHigh, Sep 2, 2014.

1. YouWannaGetHigh

Aren't they too hard to unlock? I've been playing for 1,5 years now and I only Auraxium'd Deimos (3000 kills) and Sirius (1300 kills).

I have exactly 9646 kills as VS. A single directive weapon needs 1160x1160x1160x1160x1160=5800 kills to unlock.
    If we say you only get 200 exp per kill, which is not possible, you'll obviously get more than that with Extreme Menace kills and such, BUT let's pretend like you do get 200 exp per kill, you basically grind 4640 CERTS MINIMUM to unlock 1 weapon. With 5800 kills you'll probably grind 10.000 certs easily.

Seems doable, but needs a lot of work and time, right? But here is the fun part, you gotta do it with only one type of weapon. Let's say "carbines". You have to make 4640 certs with only using 5 different carbines. No C-4, no vehicle, no aircraft, no launchers, bombs, nothing.

Why is it that hard? Are these weapons overpowered? I'd say no, because that makes no sense. If they're not OP, why are they so hard to unlock?

I love the directive system but it gets ridiculous as you make progress.
    Like, first medal "get 15 kills with 2 different carbines" Are you joking? This is so easy!

Second medal "Get 75 kills with 3 different carbines" Oh wow, this is 7 times harder than the first one! Doable though.

Third medal "get 160 kills with 4 different carbines" ~600 kills? Okay this'll take some weeks to achieve. But i'm really close to the fourth medal!

Fourth medal "get 1160 kills with 5 different carbines" Excuse me? I thought it said 1160 kills. It DOES say 1160 kills? F*ck this.

Carbines are doable. Imagine this being rocket launchers.

Still, this is just my opinion though.
  2. DatVanuMan

Well, VS weapons get infinite ammunition. I'd be happy to waste my time:p
  3. YouWannaGetHigh

The only reason i'm trying to Auraxium 5 carbines right now :p

I really want The Kraken though, but it's not happening.
    • Up x 1
  4. NoctD

I'm still wondering how I'll get 1160 MAX Punches. :eek:
  5. IamnotAmazing

It's supposed to be hard
    • Up x 2
  6. YouWannaGetHigh

I literally asked why it is so hard to unlock them for the whole tread, and you answer me saying "because it's supposed to be hard".
  7. MotionBlured

You could have aurax'd 2 shotguns, and had a few hundred on another if you planned it better.
  8. DJPenguin

There are very few "difficult" directives. All are time consuming. Because you chose to stick with one weapon prior to directives you now have to play catch up while some including myself switched weapons upon auraxing one throughout our time playing. You get a boatload of certs from doing other things while gaining kills so being able to unlock multiple weapons while on the course of auraxing a single weapon is doable. You can aurax a single weapon in one weeks worth of time if you put the effort in. Class directives are much more varied based on their "difficulty" of completion. Being a LA main i was able to finish that class completely in less than a week after Directives were released but the same can't be said about other classes especially MAX if you had no punch kills prior.
  9. DatVanuMan

10. YouWannaGetHigh

Why? I don't want the shotgun reward. It is the same with Thanatos. No difference. I want those with infinite ammo :p
  11. Cinnamon

You do it on VS before ZOE was nerfed obv.
    • Up x 1
  12. DatVanuMan

They are supposed to be challenging, but right now, they are FAR too challenging.
  13. MotionBlured

But the shinies! :eek:
  14. Ripshaft

While it's true there are alot of people who apparently have the means to just game basically all day, and who's idea of fun is actually to grind, but in general I think the idea of the directives is largely just to be long term achievement rewards for a limited set of playstyles.

Basically, unless you're a grinder, do not grind for these weapons/items. In a slightly higher level of complexity - if you want to grind out the item, make sure you want it.

For example, I'm one weapon away from the smg and carbine directive rewards and 2 from the shotgun and lmg rewards, while I'd sure like to have the reward items, I have no interest in using weapons I wouldn't normally use to get them... so I don't.

On the other hand, as someone who mostly flashes these days, I cannot sit idly by while my noble flash beast could be using auraxium trim, befitting of its grandeur. Additionally, while the renegade is hands down the most fun to use and generally most versatile weapon available to the flash, I'd fully intended to master the alternatives as well as best as they could be, and already had a decent bit of kills on em, so naturally I'm ok with pseudo-grinding out my remaining kills to get my trim asap, so I can play naturally with style! (also while I'm not a epeen or achivement ***** I do enjoy being one of the only people in the world with aurax trim for my flash when I get it)
  15. IamnotAmazing

That explains why good players have them and bads like you are whining they are too hard
    It's supposed to be hard because they're rare, it's not some level one cod achievement, it's supposed to mean something so that not everyone is running around with it
    • Up x 2
  16. DatVanuMan

NOW THEN, where is that dislike button?
    P.S. Punctuation, my dear IANA, PUNCTUATION.
  17. DatVanuMan

It would seem that IANA despises us "newbs".
  18. Tommyp2006

I don't really think they're too hard, I've already got 2 of them and am well about 1/4 of my way to my third.
  19. Nexus545

SOE logic: "Let's make special content that takes time and effort to make but then only make it available to a tiny percentage of the player community".

I don't mind having to work for them to unlock them but I do mind having to grind for them. Grinding is the lowest form of gaming after progression whoring.
  20. IamnotAmazing

Yes please dislike my logic. I know you're done when you're insulting my punctuation on the internet.