Directive Implant rewards.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, May 13, 2017.

1. entity009

Sooo I see they added that u can get 2 random implants for doing most rank 1 directives.

My lvl 70ish VS toon really did poorly in the conversion and has several key implants missing. I was pretty disappointed to log in and see that it does not look like all those directive triggered implant rewards pay out retroactively :( Thats alot of random chances to fill in my deck.

Did i miss something? Now i can't go back and do them to get the reward either.
    • Up x 1
  2. doomedking517

It was done deliberately like that, the reddit is having a huge **** storm over it, as Radar pretty much told the vets that "you should be capable of buying them with certs, if not sucks to be you, this is for the newbs who will struggle with getting them" (or thats how they are taking it anyway). Now don't get me wrong, i dont like the RNG, but I understand why, new players really will be the ones who aren't capable of buying them, there is too much to spend on everything else, older players will often have their "primary" class (if they have one, I main infiltrator for instance) kitted out with things, so have some spare certs to spend...
  3. LostMyStuff :(

I started literally days before this change; It was worth me abandoning a BR 15 toon to restart so I got the implants from directives; but it peed me off a fair bit; don't like to 'boil me cabbage twice' as granny would say...
    • Up x 1
  4. doomedking517

Personally I think it should have been retroactive on any account lower than say br 45
    • Up x 1
  5. ALTRego

I like the way the old system went by rewarded xp earned. Shoulda stayed that way.
  6. entity009

damn what really sucks about this is that the directives are already done and you cant even go back and do them.

They need to make the rewards retroactive its bs to have a directive reward locked out by prior completion.
    • Up x 3
  7. FLHuk

Are we really pointing at new players and saying "they got it better than me, I wantz that too!" while pharming the hell out of them....
    • Up x 3
  8. breeje

why can't DBG not create a fair business model, a model we want to spend our money on
    if you buy it, it's yours and not this gambling stuff

what would you pay for a single implant with real money
    and what would you pay for a rare implant ?
    for me it would be 15€ and 25€ max
  9. FateJH

Question: are these Directive Implants going to find their way into the random selection too?
  10. LordKrelas

Aren't they just RNG boxes like the normal Implant boxes?
    (Or are they packing special implants, specific to the directive?)
  11. Eternaloptimist

Yes they are, so far as I can tell. I created an F2P account at the weekend just to try things out and I got random drops on the three classes I've run so far and the objectives tier.

New players get farmed because they lack situational awareness, tactical experience and possibly gunplay skills imo. Giving them a bit of help with some useful implants is no bad thing and I think regen is possibly the only one that they can make really good use of to start with.
  12. Liewec123

i think it was good of them to give newbies a little help,
    i don't mind that we didn't get them. :)
  13. BadCoding

Finally they also allowed excess ISO to be converted into something useful. Should've been exactly like that right from the start !
    Props for fixing a flawed system, though. Now that works.

The only issue left is that the ISO to implant conversion is still hidden within the depot menu instead of being found right in the implant menu.

Imo I'd still delete battle hardened and instead reduce the effects it's meant to counter to the values it's meant to counter them by.
    There should be no must-have implant but optional and situational ones.
    • Up x 1
  14. HelpUsDBG

That sucks.