[Suggestion] Directive for Kniving THAT one player.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Meeka

Last night, I managed the impossible! I got close enough to Visigodo to knife 'em! I feel there needs to be some kind of achievement for this, because it's a nearly impossible feat, especially when he's with the AC comrades! So, what's my Directive Reward for this outstanding achievement? It took a lot longer for me to earn that kill than earning any Directive Weapon, I'll tell you that! Now, I can finally retire my Planetside career feeling accomplished. ;P

I'm just kiddin', mad respect to the AC players last night though, it's players like [AC] and [N] and [DA] that helped turn me from a pathetic little welp who couldn't do nuthin' into a killing machine.... you can only become as good as those you compete against, and they always managed to force me to level up in every encounter!

So, the real meat of this thread... who forces YOU to up your game? :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Zombo

pretty much every sololib pilot spotting me in my skyguard, always gets me into my "survival tryhard mode"
    most of the time i manage to survive suprisingly well... the trick is to rush towards the lib in order to get under his nosegun, in which case some of them just keep dipping the nose and crashing, or going into the backseat and crashing, or fly away with half health at which point i relocate

2/3 libs though, no chance without cover, which is fair
  3. Meeka

This too!

A tactic I like is hiding a Stealth Skyguard under a tree... that way if they come down to nose bust, you can circle around the tree real quick (Rival Chasis). If they have a gunner, it's easy to avoid that as well. Usually, I have a Spitfire hidden in a bush nearby as well, to prevent LAs from C4ing me. :D
    • Up x 1
  4. BIllyGG

Giving props to outfits who run VS heavy's with orions, is like giving props to a 10 foot person for being able to dunk.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ballto21

6. Imp C Bravo

Skyguards and lockdown TR burster maxes. They are really powerful and can really mess aircraft up. Hard to hit too. Makes air combat much more interesting and a lot more fun!
  7. Meeka

The gun is irrelevant. The AC guys might run Orions, but the Orion isn't exactly a super special weapon that makes someone an insta-good player. Most heavies with Orions that I encounter, I gun down as if they were fluttery paper dolls. AC players don't fall so easy, they are strong and solid players regardless of the weapon, and facing them while they are armed with an advantageous weapon like the Orion makes me an even stronger player because I have to play strong enough to try to match their force projection.

I don't get frustrated and complain about the weapon they're using... I relish the challenge. The harder the challenge, the better player I become.... and it clearly shows; as I, literally, went from dying 5 times to 1 kill (when I started the game)... to going on kill streaks of 4-14+ players on (almost) every single spawn in any fight.

You don't get better by beating average players who have average weapons, you get better by fighting the best players who have the best weapons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zombo

wow... never thought of using a spitfire like that... definitely worth a try
  9. FieldMarshall

All the old ps1 NC players. Mostly from [MCY].
    I was part of their outfit for a while in ps1, so knowing what they can do makes me try my best.
  10. Meeka

The Spitfire is a tankers' new best friend. Every time I tank and station myself in and around one area, there is ALWAYS a spitfire on guard. :D
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

Elitists. Whenever I encounter one, particularly on VS (personal observation and opinion only) bragging about how they had a 40+ killstreak with the PPA it makes me want to headbutt them. Since the game doesn't permit this function I simply spend my time waiting for the right moment to rain on their parade.
  12. Devilllike

Want a challenge? take a Bolt action with a x12 scope and go in cqc fight and take down the infiltrators sniper up close and personal face to face against the heavies

Dont be the hunt become the hunter! that is what upped my game
  13. Meeka

I do this, but with a 7x scope; never use anything larger than that; not even long range sniping because I find switching out scopes all the time messes up my depth perception constantly... so, just trained on 4x and 7x.
    • Up x 1
  14. Impwaltz

Playing the game wrong, you're supposed to avoid good infantry players and farm noobs with a max or vehicle to get your KD up.

Honestly I don't know why people even fight against elite outfits, unless they're also in one. Even if you're near their skill level, you have pubs that aren't watching your back so much as running around like chickens with their heads cut off, while they're almost all veterans with complete and near-ideal loadouts.

Biggest problem with this game honestly was the total lack of any matchmaking system. No competitive multiplayer game without some manner of one ever lasts. Planetside 2 OTOH basically encourages "team stacking" in order to farm. A wonder this game is so dead and hopeless.

____

Nah I'm JK, I just haven't trolled the forums in a long time. I haven't played in like half a year or so and I'm just making this rant up.

Maine Root ginger brew is really good though you should try some.
  15. Scatterblak

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.