Did You Know?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ender, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ender

DA tends to troll a bit on the forums, some find it funny, some are slightly amused, and others would like to have us banned from the game. Despite that, we absolutely love playing this game, through all the bugs, through all the wonky mechanics, we're here to stay and want the game to succeed.

Knowledge in gameplay is something that has always been incredibly valuable in the Planetside Universe. We have quite a bit of this through various means and massive playtime. I figured I would make a post that highlights some of the less-known facts that some players may not already know, or never cared to test. Feel free to add your own "Did You Know?" type additions if you've got them :)

The following were accurate as of Nov. 22 on PTS.

That a MAX Punch can damage anything in the game that can take damage?

That a ZOE 5 extended clip Blueshift MAX will lose to a dual Onslaught MAX in a head to head (non-lockdown) match with ZOE on or off.

That a ZOE 5 Nebula will lose to a non-lockdown dual Onslaughts in a head to head match with ZOE on.

That a ZOE 5 Dual Comets will kill a lockdown Fracture MAX with barely any health left in a 1v1.

EMP Grenades will DETONATE, not dissolve, all enemy explosives (AT mines, AI mines, C4) in the area.... they almost seem to amplify the explosion (i'm probably just seeing things, the explosions were just massive :p )

EMP Grenades have a large enough blast radius that makes throwing them against the outside walls of a point effective.

When a Squad Beacon is Live (Up and Down can be confusing) and the SL is in the same hex as the beacon - Players can click "Squad Deploy" and it will drop them in a pod.

When players click "Squad Deploy" and the SL is in the hex, with a live beacon, the SL's own Beacon Timer gets reset every single time a member clicks "Squad Deploy".

AV Grenades deal some wicked splash damage to MAX units in the area.

Decimators are more effective when trying to take down a MAX/Engi combo because of the larger splash damage.

A Decimator landed directly in a MAX unit, and proceeded by an EMP blast, will outright kill any Engi near the MAX.
    • Up x 5
  2. applepienation

Did you know an NC MAX with Aegis shield up will survive being rammed by an ESF head on?

Not sure if you still can, but a couple months ago you could.
    • Up x 3
  3. Phrygen

Yes i knew all of that.:cool: (ok to be fair, I wasn't sure about the SL squad deploy reset)

Also... why did you compare blueshift to onslaughts? More interested in comparing blueshift to mercies. Also, pretty sure the deci killing the engi depends on where the engi is. If the engi is standing behind the max and max repair distance, the explosion should happen infront of the max, and i'm pretty sure the engine wills survive... Maybe it has to do with flak vs nanite levels.
  4. Ender

This was tested with the engi on the very side of the MAX , so if they're behind they may survive. I guess the point was, Deci Splash > Default Splash.

The Onslaughts were tested because it was kind of a "hmm what would happen thing," not sure on the Mercies.

For laughs, we also threw a C4 onto a Heavy, the Heavy walked up to a max, and then the other guy detonated the C4. The Max only took 1/4 damage with Kinetic on.
  5. Sen7rygun

Did you know:

That it's physically impossible for a VS player to write an entire forum post without going into ZOE defense mode and comparing it to TR or NC maxes point blank damage capabilities even though VS maxes are accurate and effective at far greater ranges?
    • Up x 25
  6. Baracuda

Did you know constantly reloading and cloaking as an infiltrator can sometimes de-cloak you?

Gets me killed at least once a night :mad:
    • Up x 4
  7. Ender

Apparently you haven't read my multiple posts stating ZOE is massively OP, I posted them because I thought it was interesting. I figured the ZOE would murder the TR MAX actually. I was surprised that wasn't the case. Was also surprised lockdown fractures didn't beat comets.

Also, defense mode is generally when i'm stating why one is better than the other, not simply stating a fact. I like how you immediately go into attack mode as if I've wronged you in some way though. Great contribution, thanks.
    • Up x 5
  8. Sen7rygun

I'm not here to start fights. Just sharing handy knowledge for the PS2 community. Great contribution, thanks.
  9. Tycoh

Would be nice if they simply removed the lame MAX abilities. ZOE is just disgustingly easy to use, Lockdown is disgustingly situational, and Aegis is possibly the least ******** of the three. I don't see why the devs are attempting to keep those lame quality certs in the game and not fallback and improve what we had in PS1.
    • Up x 2
  10. HooWoo

And people always thought that fractures were the OP weapons against maxes, not comets, guess they were wrong :)
    • Up x 1
  11. BigMacDeez

This post: Make VS all powerful! ZOE Maxes should be normal VS armor, and everybody should make BR 100 as soon as you make a VS character.
  12. velleity

I'm ticking you off for this.

All of the maxes are overpowered, the vs is simply better at it since it can always choose when to engage or disengage. +Ablative damage infantry battle suits have no business instagibbing/near-insta gibbing. They should be squad support damage sponges that force players to go for their rockets, like in this other game. Not solo farm machines. They should all be nerfed.

Now this isn't going to change that fact that 6 of us are going to get cheesed by 20 maxes after we frustrate them enough. but maybe squads might learn to use them tactically instead of coming in unsupported in 1sies and 2sies and thinking they can farm us because we can't handle bads in a fat suit.

There is entirely too much one shotting in this game with the idea of leveling the game for boobs/newbies. There is about to be another round of more one shotting. The fact of the matter is it doesn't help them but it does force us to use the one shot article. so casuals learning the game aren't learning to aim, moving and work in a squad. they are getting death touched whenever they get around experienced players. This **** has been driving off players since release.

so lets get off on the right foot and petition to get the old one shot garbo changed into a plausible ttk. this includes rocket primary, the ridiculous eurotube + ammo pack, etc...
    • Up x 4
  13. Ravenorth

Did you know that those moons and planets on sky are actually moving a little all the time? Its a nice detail imo.
    • Up x 4
  14. IamDH

Did you know that all NC females are really disturbed men?
    • Up x 3
  15. Ribero

The voice actress for the "V-Menu" sounds like a kid on helium.
  16. TomoB

Wha-whaaat? I have always imagined that they are actually hot women playing this game. Thanks a lot for breaking that image!
    • Up x 1
  17. Giggily

Turning down your in game sensitivity can reduce or even remove the grid aiming effect on some turret weapons, allowing you to effortlessly and accurately hit enemies at long ranges with weapons like the AV turret.

Rebinding a key on your keyboard to toggle throttle in an ESF will make you come to a dead stop when pressed, thereby giving you a massive edge in ESF duels over anyone who hasn't done so.

When going up and down elevators movement keys still effect your character, so by holding space or looking up and pressing W your character goes up elevators faster. The same sort of thing happens for going down.

TBH three pro tips from pro players.
    • Up x 4
  18. Pikachu

Rocket launchers deals only half as much splash damage as the description says.

Soft point and high velocity ammo does not reduce number of shots require to kill within 80m range.

Falcon velocity in the description is only when it's accelerated to it's limit. It starts of at 50 and the acceleration is slow enough to not make any difference within 50m range.

Striker kills infantry with 2 shots even though splash+direct=1000.

2nd nose gun kills heavy vehicles faster than the other two but 3rd nose gun kills harassers and ESF fastest. Also 3rd nose gun kills heavy armor faster than 1st.

AA RL has higher velocity than the others.

Skyguard kills sunderers faster than titan HEAT or python AP.

MAXes can punch through shields.

Harasser turbo's ability to accelerate on slopes only works if the harasser is already in motion or if it could accelerate up that slope without turbo. Compare that to flash turbo which can accelerate in any situation.
    • Up x 1
  19. uhlan

Good information thanks guys.
  20. IamDH

Oh my god! :eek:

I need to try this