Did Update 1 lower ROF on shotgun slugs?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Plague Rat, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Plague Rat

Shotguns effect a lot of classes, but I've seen them discussed here in the LA forum more so I'll ask this here:

So has anyone else noticed now after Update 1 the rate of fire when using slugs is now significantly slower than when using buckshot? I noticed it today when I switched on slugs for my Piston while throwing rounds down the northern switchback at the crown. At which point I immediately abandoned the defense for the sake of testing it. Auto-firing slugs now puts a significant pause between shots, almost doubling the time between shots. This is GREAT for the automatic shotgun because I actually have time to adjust for the recoil between shots and miss less shots, so it doesn't feel terribly impacted, but if this same dely is now in Semi-auto shoguns that's probably going to be like a blade to the achillies heel of the weapon's TTK.

I could just be mistaken and just never noticed the difference before, but I don't think I possibly could have missed it with how often I use my shotgun.

So firstly, is this actually new or has my typical obiviousness ascended to new levels?

Second, Those who have purchased semi-auto shotguns, (Mauler, Sweeper, Haymaker, Barrage, Nova, Thanatos) and slugs, did the rate of fire take a dropkick to the jaw as well? It's somewhat benificial to the auto-shotgun, but I can't imagine the same being said to the semi-auto if similarly affected.

Finally, this could just simply be all in my head, and I just never noticed it before today. If that's the case you may now proceed to justly point and laugh.
  2. SideOfBeef

I've only used the Nova, but the ROF feels the same as before. You have to pause slightly between shots for slugs to be accurate anyways, so a top-ROF change has no impact. If you're holding down the trigger with an automatic shotgun and slugs, you're messing yourself up.
  3. Plague Rat

That's exactly my point, before I recall the ROF being the same between buckshot and slugs to the point where auto-firing them was idiocy, so i always shot them semi-auto unless at close range where I stopped caring.

But now I suddenly notice this RoF difference between buckshot and slugs. So suddenly at full-auto with slugs isn't so much of a joke because it make it that much easier to control where they shots are going and keep a tighter grouping.

With your Nova, the RoF is the same with both buckshot and slugs? Because with the auto's there's an obvious difference and I was worried about it breaking the semi's.
  4. Ghoest

I believe it was already slower than regular pellets.

But for all the places slugs are useful it doesnt matter I used them last night and they were the same as ever with me shooting at the proper pace.
  5. Achmed20

Rof was always lower with slugs. So no. Didnt notice a difference
  6. HerpTheDerp

No, but automatic and 8-round shotguns had the pellet spread nerfed(increased)
  7. Achmed20

really? officialy in the patch notes?

for a long time i've used my piston aggain yesterday and went ona killing spree which i havent had with them in quite a while. havent noticed any difference at all.