Devs, we need details.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Chewy102

Those that don't know me, I am someone who works out the math and does in game tests to get as close to real TTKs and such numbers for weapons in PS2 while accounting for changing ranges and maybe some other variables if I can. Look into my post history and you'll some good stuff that has changed many a opinion. That may not sound like much but it is a LOT of work to do and often I don't have crap to work with. Not just a lot, but a **** ton at times. So I ask.

Can we please have an updated place to get basic and detailed information about this game?

Information such as resistances, vehicle armor values (side, front, back, top, ect), weapon stats, HP values for everything, and what else is needed to do anything that needs math. I have 3 bookmarks to get what I need and with every patch at least one of them goes bad. The wiki for weapon stats stays good but it is a PAIN to find out how resistances work and that is vital to get anything useful for damage numbers, TTKs, DPS, and BTKs.

I can't get any of that without spending a long *** time in the VR shooting standing targets and adjusting for every range, miss, damage drop, COF, and what else happens in live tests. Most players can't even tell you how much HP a vehicle has. It took me months to find out a MAXes base HP before resistances are accounted for. Some said it was 2k others 2.5k, few agreed until people mined the information themselves. There are 24 resistance types that I know of so far and most weapons use 2 of them!

We need a place that has EVERYTHING! Iv burned through many spreadsheets from them going bad and there are stat sites that just can't give more than opinions on what might happen in a what if. We need details if we are to help this game grow. You have a community that is willing to do the work in getting just about any bit of data you want and for free. Use us by giving us the tools needed!

Recently this spreadsheet became useless all because of the Fury changing damage types.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dHlDVEtUWVJLZUZseFIzNlY3Y2ktQ2c&rm=full#gid=3
    If the Fury no longer has good information, what else is bad? Everything in there is GREAT data that I need for the math in getting basic numbers. Knowing the exact resistances for each and everything in the game as well as what weapon used what damage type is VITAL to getting math done. Now that the Fury data isn't good I have to toss out the entire thing! Where am I suppose to get what I need now?

I don't know how to pull the information I need, only how to use the data. If I knew how to pull it I would but NO ONE has told me how. We need both detailed and basic data if the devs want us to help them.