Devs, this stat padding disconnect has gone too far

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Apr 17, 2018.

1. adamts01

I first read about this on this on Reddit, as after 2 years this has never been a concern of mine. I read that this "stat padding" by dropping ammo had been addressed. This morning, to my amusement, I found a group of Chinese players on the unstabilized warpgate 3rd floor dropping ammo/reloading/intermittently using proxy voice. So I threw an ammo pack down, watched in amazement, and was promptly kicked from the game. I logged in, and they were still at it. Just now I joined a group of HAs who were destroying an enemy orbital strike. Seeing a necessity, I grabbed my Archer and dropped ammo for them, to save them a trip to the Sundy thanks to the insane health of these constructables. What do I get for my good intentions? "You have been disconnected for stat padding".

Lesson to be learned: Those who you wish to have punished have skirted your authority, while the innocent have suffered. I wouldn't mind this attempt at clearing the rubbish, but no one in their right mind cares about a handful of guys dropping ammo for some certs at the warpgate. It literally hurts no one. Please put forth similar effort towards banning chronic team killers, 4th factioning saboteurs, and actual hackers (recursion). This is just silly.

Edit: As a kick in the balls, I had to enter a que to get back on my continent. A que which should never had existed in the first place.

Double Edit: I'm still in that que, and a paying subscriber doing my best to promote your game. Pls fix.
    • Up x 3
  2. Movoza

I actually don't feel much empathy for you. You started participating in a clear statpadding group. You could expect punishment from it. Then you say you're immediately banned? That's fishy if you ask me. Any video's or other material to support your claims?

Now you put forward a claim of statpadders. Instead of naming them in a report to Daybreak yiu immediately start on the forum. Why? They are more likely to read reports than the forum.

Whatever the cause, you participated in stat padding. You might be banned together with the guys that were stat padding. We don't know. We only know that the system is working. We see just a scream for attention.
  3. Stoet

With the system in place people will get kicked after doing this.
    Does it matter for a few certs ? nope... imagine if there's no kicking anymore for this. people can do this all they want, meaning... they will marco it with a macro program/keyboard.

How easy is it, login with 2 friends, macro the "ammo drop / shoot and reload to your keyboard, and go to have a nice sleep of 8 hours.
    If you do this at the moments the server is near empty, warpgates remain unstable, and that continent will be up for hours... meaning they will get resupply ribbons and exp for hours.
    Hell no... server is going to get spammed by people doing this at night times in the warpgate. Please noo....
  4. Twin Suns

Never take candy from strangers.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

woah, never ever had this happen, didn't even know that disconnects for statpadders was a thing!
    and i always drop an ammo pack in the warp gate if i'm gonna be flying (free xp!)

i do wonder how the asians in your story managed to get around the disconnect though.
    perhaps it was because they were firing and you weren't?
    the system might see that there is a huge amount of xp in a tiny area and consider that area to be suspicious,
    it will then see the other guys "oh they've fired their weapons",
    and then see you "this guy hasn't fired any weapons and has gained the resupply xp" KICK!
  6. adamts01

That first group was interesting, and I was drunk, so I threw an ammo pack down and watched because I heard this "problem" was fixed. I got kicked but they didn't, as they were there when I logged back in. I'm not complaining at all about that, I deserved the kick. I just think it's interesting that those chronic stat padders found a loop hole and later that night I was kicked while legitimately playing the game and helping my faction.
  7. FLHuk

If I had a better PC I might record logging in, dropping a pack into a group of macro peeps and being kicked.

There has been a fair few threads recently about this happening during normal game play so the need is there to help the devs!
  8. adamts01

One thing I did notice is that their characters were moving and they were occasionally tapping proximity chat.

When I was legitimately playing and kicked I was just sitting still and damaging an enemy orbital strike with my archer while HAs were using my ammo and dealing the real damage. The devs failed to realize how boring, monotonous, and robot-like some jobs are in this game.

Anyway, these ammo stat-padders really weren't hurting anyone, so it's frustrating seeing this effort go in to those guys when plenty of real hackers are causing problems in combat.
  9. FLHuk

Yeah just seen a group of four doing it inside a tree in Bitol for an hour non stop. They then moved to Xelas and continued.

Obviously no auto kick.....
  10. DQCraze

Never happened to me, and i drop ammo everywhere.