Devs: Magrider Issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfborne, May 20, 2019.

1. Savadrin

Yeah, we're right back where we start in every thread, people are trying to hammer screws in place instead of getting a drill, lol.
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

I think someone would try and use the drill as a hammer.
    • Up x 1
  3. Savadrin

Probably the NC ;)
  4. Demigan

5. boey

You know, i'm just writing down what i experienced and observed and am experiencing and observing in my 325 hours of magriding since this game came out. Stats are one thing, experience is another thing.
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

7. InexoraVC

Demigan, as I've offered you before: go and play ps2 instead of typing 10k words in every message for years.
    Your sentenceces (just 2 examples)
    and
    are the demonstration of your absolute thread subject incompetence. You are not able to percieve what this thread is about, what is the learning curve, what are the aspects of maneuverability speaking of Vulcan Harassers (not in VR), what is 1v1 against other MBTs as a Mag's pilot and so on...

Try to liberate few continents as a Magrider pilot. Play at least 1 weak. Hossin experience will be most valuable for your biased brain. And try to think first before you post.
    Thank you!

P.S. SPECIALLY FOR YOU: this thread is NOT about how bad is the Magrider!
  8. Pacster3

Dude, how often do I have to repeat it? The magrider is only on par with 2 players which means you need coordination which means this is nothing new solo players do. As a result less magriders get pulled(no matter if you calculate the pop in or not)...and which is why more new players pull lightning as Vanu(and that ALTHOUGH they got the smaller pop. Ooops, you beat yourself there). More new players pulling lightning and only better player using magrider artificially increases the KPU of Magriders and decreases that of Vanu lightning. This is what the statistics show...it's the ONLY explaination that factors all the numbers in...yours on the other hand does not make any sense.
  9. Demigan

Yeah its not about the Magrider being bad! That is why the thread is called "Magrider issues" and starts with a lament on how terrible the Magrider is for the first 6 pages!

As I've already shown you, your experience means barely anything. Does my experience with the pre-CAI Lightning HESH mean it was more powerful at AV than the Lightning AP? or that the Lightning HESH is perfectly capable of handling 2/2 Prowlers and Magrisers? Ofcourse not! Now I could give you a rundown on how the Lightning works and how good it is but I'll not abuse that and proclaim things that are clearly not true.

The learning curve for driving a Magrider is lower than that of a Lightning. A Lightning needs more to stand up to all the other tanks, more maneuverability, more sneakiness, more tereain hugging, more intelligence to get around, more situational awareness as you are much more easily screwed than with any other vehicle including the Magriser.

Yet thr Lightning is more used per faction than their MBT and people have no problems doing basic tactics with them, tactics the Magriser can do better, easier, with more firepower, more health&armor and on the move with less effort.

And even though there is overwhelming evidence that the Magriser is the best performing tank with just as many people driving it as any other faction YOU GUYS STILL ACT LIKE A VICTIM.

Also if its not about how bad the Magriser is, then what? Is it about how you experience it and want it changed? And that expeience is... bad and the change is to make the Magriser even better? So basically a "Magriser is bad we want buffs cus we feel it needs it" thread?
    • Up x 2
  10. Demigan

And as Campagne already calculated this is *********.

The Magriser is pulled just as much per player as on other factions. But its more capable than the other factions. Occams razor would suggest that people like gunning the Magriser more because its effective, especially considering there arent any less Magrisers pulled per player. In combination with an overall lower world-pop this means the Magriser beats the Vanguard and Prowler even though its outnumbered.

Ofcourse basic logic is too much to ask from people owning the best tank.
    • Up x 2
  11. ridicOne

I was going to stay completely out of this thread. I'm not going to talk about anything other than the realization that you can't seem to wrap around your head.

Reddit which is the official forums basically, has zero views about how you and some on this forum perceive the Maggie.

The second part to this is the devs, which gave the Maggie a huge buff in CAI. Are once again buffing the Maggie because "In their View" it isn't on par with the other MBT's. So breaking this down how bad was the Maggie pre-CAI? For how long?. So how can people take you seriously, when your views are so far fetched compared to the people developing the game. As much as I don't agree with you on alot of things, from my point of view your basically making any future or past post you've ever made a moot point with zero value.

Feel free to continue on your rampage but for your small army of followers you just look really salty and extremely out of place.
    • Up x 1
  12. LordKrelas

Is the Prowler Underpowered then?
    As apparently it needs a Regenerative Shield, when deployed.

Was VS really poor in landing Head-shots, so they needed to enlarge the heads of TR & NC?
    Is the Vulcan under-preforming, so TR needs a Longer-range Laser-guided version?

Carbines;
    NC must be godly in their bullet economy, Devs gave them a Gun that needs to be reloaded constantly, with the longest reload.
    Devs are definitely stating Prowler is Underpowered, and NC Aim is Op.
    After all, VS hasn't had Starfall, or any new tricks since CAI dropped, and their Win rate must be so low....
    NC Losing globally for years, must mean NC is definitely in need of further Crippling Debuffs, to ensure TR & VS aren't mauled when they enter fist range with a sniper rifle.

Poor little Magrider, only left with the blood of any infantry.
    It wants to play in the Open-field out-slugging the Evil Vanguard.
    Prowler, is hiding in a corner, as is it swept-apart by the 6-Second Shield, God himself smited the Evil Vanguard for surviving the Barrage of the Rightous, but the Evil Vanguard returned, and still has their devilish-ability to Live against Good.

(I got bored, and decided Sarcasm mixed with bitter humor was better than just raw salt.
    After all, NC not having a Sticky-Grenade for what, Months, is something they didn't worry about.
    But damn, Got to ensure VS gets the latest in NC traits first)
  13. boey

I'm just wondering, how many hours of playtime do you people @Demigan @LordKrelas @Campagne @LaughingDead have in a Magrider? And i don't mean in VR.
    • Up x 1
  14. Campagne

Me personally, I have none.

And yet, I am finding myself to be one of the only forumsiders mentioning any kind of solid evidence or numbers. Experience is good but is easily tainted. How many claims have been made about the Magrider that are just statistically or mathematically impossible or untrue?

When I talk about the trash heap that is the Gladius I get loads of people chiming in about how great it feels yet most of the time I'm the one with the most experience with the gun. Why doesn't that matter then? It doesn't, which is why I also load my posts with stats about why the Gladius is completely not-good.

I don't have to be able to fly a plane to know how it works.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

I think you're using the wrong razor here because it has some rather telling biases + doesn't really play nice with other data pulled up in this thread. I mean, the only data which seem to be fixed on is Magrider per player yet omits that 1) almost all Magriders are 100% AV focused 2) have more top gun uniques than primaries 3) will face a great deal more 1/2 MBTs 4) the flipside of point 3 is that most Maggies you face will be 2/2.

If we are to examine Lightnings and the Halberd. Both are NS and NC performs better in lightnings whereas VS does so in the Halberd. Without charging these statements with opinions we can say that both factions, for whatever reason, does better in the other. Personally, I'd say the reason is both factions are more used to using the respective tool than the other. For NC they already are used to tank controls and turret, for VS they have more experience top gunning (coming back to the data of Magriders pulled + the number of top gun uniques meaning). It might also be that is more fun/engaging to gun for a more mobile MBT type but at the same time we must also account for the top gun on the Magrider has been known as the "true power" of the Maggie for years. So I am pretty sure the truth is a mixed bag.

Even so, it is pretty much impossible to argue the Magrider is weak or is in dire need of a buff given the performance data we have. Equally though, if one faction show a rather unique desire to full crew their MBTs more than the other factions we should also expect this to be reflected in their performance + be accounted for (especially when you consider the sheer amount of MBTs the other factions actually pull).

Bottom line is, regardless of the reason why, the Magrider is going to be rolling with a 2/2 crew much more often than the other factions. So in a standard engagement a VS Magrider crew will outnumber the enemy despite pulling less MBTs, not globally perhaps but in a more concentrated fashion. That is just how it is.

Also, I wouldn't react too strongly to the "trashrider" posts. Pretty obvious they're just trying to poke the bear at this point in the thread.
  16. boey

You think you know how it works, but in reality you know nothing. So you think only theory is enough, no simulator needed or anything? Just reading the manual and hopping in and flying away? WOAH.... You must be a god then.
  17. LordKrelas

How many hours on NC, do you have? When was it? Prime-time? Idle-Time? Was a lucky day, bad day?

And how you going to even verify it?
    I spent more time in a Magrider, happily enjoying it than I played Maxes.
    Which I usually killed with An Archer.
    Does that mean, I'm better than Statistical data collected over years? No. My experience could paint the thing as ****, or god.

Not to mention;
    I can go pull a MAX, and run into the worst luck possible; If you don't account for that..
    Then your view on for example, that MAX, would be more negative than it is.
    Since that MAX could literally be Satan (Lets take an example of an NC max in a Bio-lab) in the right situation.
    If all you did was that play-session, or around that kind of thing, You'd only see it like that.
    Which would make you think, the MAX is perfect.

Another example: VS might like this one.
    Phaseshift, You could use it for a day, and think it's ******** powerful - or completely useless.
    Even in Live Gameplay, you can paint your outlook by what fortune or misfortune happened.
    Performance is really prone to a lot of factors... hence statistics, to resolve the Spikes of "luck" & Misery.

I like my Magrider.
    I like the Saron in particular.
    I don't find it comic however, when people attack a Vanguard that is shielded, in an open-field, and expect roses.
    Just like people don't expect roses when they're infantry against a HEAT (Or now HESH) Magrider.
    You're in their perfect situation, and you're literally fighting them exactly as they want.
    An unshielded Vanguard, has lost their durability, and have a longer repair time: Exploit it.
    Just like you'd exploit the Magrider's vulnerabilities, like the Harassers driving under it, and the Magrider being too shocked.

I've died to that **** myself: And I positioned for it by accident while the Harasser aligned themselves -- IE that's being outplayed.
    Does that mean, the Magrider needs to cripple anything that goes under it? nope.
    As I'd use it, to make my Drive-over the enemy tank, a lot more effective: Hell, I'd do it on purpose more often.
    As, mag-burn onto them, where I outpace their reverse speed, while dealing heavy damage without wasting my first shot?
    Sounds better than any Shielding, as it speeds up their death, and they can't do anything about it.

Does my Experience against select outfits on Connery from VS, mean I can claim every VS is a perfect shot? no.
    As on average; they aren't.
    But damn, can it feel like they never miss while in-game: Experience isn't king.
    Nor is stats.

But sweet christ, if "I feel this is not the way, So play more", is not how you dismiss "Statistical data showcases this"
    After all, Can that argument be used about NC's win rate?
    An experience perhaps that they cap more bases when you're online, could cause that outlook; When in truth, they don't.
    That's likely the best example of "Experience can lie"
  18. Savadrin

Pull me a Halberd and I'll sit in it. Aphelion I'm ok with too. The Saron I only have like 5-10 minutes gunning time and my tiny brain can't wrap around the travel time and LACK of drop, it ***** with me. And "learning" the Saron while fighting Vulcan-H is high risk, lol.
    • Up x 1
  19. Demigan

The general populace and the devs also think that a shotgun should not be superior in CQC combat. Does that mean we have to accept it?

Can you wrap your head around the fact that the Magriser is a superior vehicle? Or that he people complaining about the Magriser lie constantly or ignore that things are a universal problem? Say lying about there being less Magriser pulls per player and that everyone takes Lightnings because the Magriser is supposedly inferior?
    Or that the Magriser is dead when air shows up. What, do the NC and TR MBT's have fairy dust that makes aircraft not destroy them and go away? Or that Vulcan Harassers are a bug problem for Magrisers. Helooo, they are an OP overused weapon that annihilate everything, not just Magrisers.

As for a "little army of followers". Its not as if I control them or anything. And what are all these Magriser people who all agree on the Magriser being inferior based on moot points and outright lies and bias? What is that for an army of followers? And even if I had an army of followers, so what?

And what about the Magriser being supposedly worse before CAI. It got buffed according to you right? Arent we all talking about how powerful the Magriser is NOW and not how it used to be? How it used to be is irrelevant, only how it is and what its going to be is relevant. So saying "but it used to be bad" is no reason to buff it even more especially if its already outperforming the rest.
    • Up x 1
  20. Savadrin

Yo the other day was the first time I was in a Maggie when my pilot literally drove over top of a friendly lightning to scoop me a kill.

How OP is that?
    • Up x 2
  21. Campagne

Tell me, how does a plane fly? Oh, wait, you can't fly a plane therefore you must not understand what planes are.

Here's a bit more of a concrete example: DNA electrophoresis. I've chosen this because I'm confident most people have no idea what that is or how it works, and also because I have a photo I get to show off. :p Hopefully this will give a bit of perspective...

DNA electrophoresis is the process of running a series of DNA fragments through an agarose gel using a negative electric current. The fragments filter through the gel at varying rates, as because of the way the gel hardens numerous cave-like tunnels flow all the way through and will have differing diameters at different points. Larger fragments will take more time to squeeze through than smaller ones, allowing for a clear separating of DNA fragments by approximate size in base pairs. The fragments are created by using specific enzymes to activate certain cut sites by recognizing BP patterns. Because of the nature of DNA, these patterns vary greatly in individuals and can be used as a method of identification.

I'll spare us all the lengthy procedure and cut to the chase; Both theory (of known genetics) and practice will yield the exact same results:

[IMG]

Guess which well is mine! Here's a hint, I'm a heterozygote for the tested sequence.

The difference between theory and practice is virtually only how much plastic had to be wasted. If you understand the theory, you know the real-world result. Experience taught me nothing I didn't already know.

In fact, theory taught me more than I could have even learned from doing it in practice. Savvy?

Besides, you never did say how my experience you had with each MBT either.
    • Up x 1