DEVs listen to your player-base. Stop obsessing over nerfing the "reverse" maneuver.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Czuuk

Quoted for emphasis. Also, note who is complaining the most here.

The skilled pilots that I know are not concerned about this.
  2. DeadliestMoon

This is a poor argument, because this affects every other aspect of the game and someone can say something as a person who is affected by it then they'll continue to get stomped on. If all you do is fly, then you have no say of anything people on the ground has or does (see what I mean? This argument is stupid).
  3. vanu123

Verticle take off and landing is fine, but mid combat it should not have as big of an effect. The reverse is simple yes, but it is terrible how it is the only maneuver that works. Unlike the majestic turning battles dogfights should be full of rolling and scissors, you can only win by using the reverse maneuver.
  4. Cougarbrit

Shaking stuff where I'm from generally means losing them, any fight that comes after that is a seperate event, it's round 2, not the same first encounter. This is basically just semantics at this point though.

Reverse maneuver is needed because it's what has helped shaped this game into having a uniquely enjoyable flying experience. That and many of the maneuvers typically usable for turning on an opponent simply aren't present in this game due to a poor representation of gravity among other things. The only effective tool pilots will be left with will be terrain, which generally means flying within easy Burster range.

And I didn't say it'd devolve into circling fights, I never even mentioned circling. I said bird of prey style engagements which is exactly what you covered. We have that right now, even with the reverse manuever, you get the drop on some unsuspecting fella down below while you're up near the ceiling and reverse maneuver often will only save them with a few bars of health if that. The only counter to bird of prey style is simply being a better pilot and/or having plenty of situational awareness. AA and ESF traps also happen, I do all of these things and I've had all of these things happen to me. The reverse manuever doesn't stop or inhibit these tactics from occuring.

And I've ran out of time to continue now so yeah bbl.
  5. Czuuk

In solo combat maybe. But this opinion is still debatable. Especially if you have 3 or 4 coordinated pilots using A2A missiles rather than one hot shot pilot solo ganking newbies.
  6. velleity

ESFs have no energy, which is why these things don't happen. Beta flying was basically mouse hauling in a
    turn while spamming "Up" and "Down" with an occasional split s with more then a few turning into turreting.

You are never going to see a reaver and a mossie in a canopy to canopy rolling climb. Or a reaver turn into a mossie
    by making a rolling, pull up, energy transfer, turn then using gravity and afterburners to turn inside. the game engine has
    no effective gravity. More then likely they will end up turreting.

If you are for changes for role play reasons, you will be very unsatisfied with the end results.
  7. allattar

We dont have turretting in this game, because you fall out the sky if you try it.
    If you want to see turretting try PS1, now that was turretting dogfights. You just cannot remain stationary in the air in this game. And if you do, you die.
  8. Sully0811

You guys whine more than IRL pilots and those guys are insufferable *******.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jaquecz

Reverse maneuver was useless in the first place.
    IT didn't really work.
    Unless you suddenly end up being shot at by another ESF while your lolpodding infantry your going to likely end up dead.
    Assuming the other guy doesn't suck at aiming.
    If your being chased In-order to perform IT you need to SLOW down and then you need to TURN in place, which will likely expose a nice big part of your plane to be shot at [even worse for reavers] and then you wait a few seconds for your thrusters to go vertical before you press shift.
    By that time you've taken alot of damage or have already been killed.
    Thats how it's been for me.
    [Been on the getting killed side and the Killing side.]
    The only thing getting nerfed is turreting.
    I've seen everyone do it.