Devs considering Coyote mechanics for Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan101, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Spartan101

• Up x 1
  2. Covah

Is it finally happening ? Will we get something different than a WORSE annihilator ?

wait and see.
    • Up x 1
  3. Huishe

Can we have something skill-based, SOE? Please?
    • Up x 1
  4. Covah

I think just simple coyote missiles with a bit more velocity and very low dmg to infantry + no splash would do the trick.

Remove the lock completely.
  5. WTSherman

Honestly I kind of like my Striker as-is, though do wish the tracking was a little smarter. Sometimes the rockets will dive right into rocks/tree branches when they really have no reason to...

A Coyote Striker would be terrifying, since that means you can technically dumbfire it against infantry.

It might be a bit difficult to control when aiming at armor zergs though, instead of focusing down one tank each missile might end up accidentally locking different targets...
  6. Thardus

Ooh, I like that. As for the infantry problem, just give it little to no splash damage.
    • Up x 1
  7. Praiseworthy Tunes

Oh, yes, and when theyre done with applying coyote mechanics to the Striker they should just go on and apply it to all weapons, maybe even also to all of the eqiupment thats in the game. Hell, Im already looking forward to all the fun I will have with my new MLG enabled Bouncing Bettys when theyre done.
  8. Colt556

I think the TR having an itano circus launcher would be pretty badass and truly unique and fit their faction flavor. I also agree with the notion of it having a 15 shot magazine. Obviously each individual rocket would do jack all for damage, but if all 15 hit it'd be the equivalent of the lancer or phoenix. I just think it'd look amazingly badass to watch 15 rockets all fire in super rapid succession (like the entire mag emptied in one or two seconds) as the rockets spread out a bit and then home in on their target. We need more cool things like that.
    • Up x 3
  9. Haquim

Well, I think ANYTHING is better than what we have at the moment.
    Whenever I see my 5 rockets (that don't even deal that much more damage, 'cause nanites) fly straight upward in a suicide firework because the ESF I tried to kill flew behind a little treebranch for a moment and broke the lock for a splitsecond.... I can't describe the feeling. Somewhere between rage and resignation I guess.

Whether ist going to be OP or UP or just right.... that remains to be seen. But I'm sure we never will see the glorious time again when striker rockets blotted out the sun (so our enemies could fight in red light)

PS: I really like the vision of the guy above me. Just so long as it doesnt take retrardedly long to shoot the darn thing (again) - standing around in the open while shooting a stream of glowing red rocket at a tank is not healthy, believe me
    • Up x 2
  10. Stigma

I don't much like lockon weapons in general, but if anything should use that sort of proximity-lockon style it seems the most appropriate on a ground launcher like this. It would surely be an improvement to the striker that is currently close to useless.

I think a fairly slow projectile velocity with some significant drop is probably needed to balance this out though, and hopefully they will tweak some damage-resist numbers to not make it OP vs air / UP vs tanks which would easily be the case if it did the same damage to both targets.

-Stigma
  11. gigastar

But for it to have coyote-eqsue mechanics, it would have to dumbfire.

Therefore, rocketeering is going TR exclusive. And we already had enough of that **** from thier MAXs.
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Has to have low velocity so it won't be OP I assume.
  13. LT_Latency

I can see this going really wrong if we can spam it dumb fire against infatry. I can just see a stream of hot red rockets flying into every doorway
  14. Phyr

Give it flak characteristics. Make it only explode in the vicintity of armor. Give it infantry damage similar to a BR.
  15. Maljas23

5 direct hits to kill infantry.
  16. Colt556

Doesn't the phoenix just phase through infantry/maxes? Whenever I tested it in the VR I couldn't hit anything but vehicles. If that's the case just make the striker rockets do the same.
  17. WTSherman

Actually a full Striker volley already does more damage than the Phoenix, always has.

Also, no the phasing through infantry thing only happens in VR because VR is broken.
  18. Typhoeus

Wishing they make it semi auto dumbfire's with perfectly straight trajectories. (kinda like fractures pre nerf)

No lock on or auto lock BS please!! It's boring to use and incredibly annoying to be on the receiving end.
  19. WTSherman

So then the NC would be the only faction whose ESRL is stuck inside 300m? >_>

Honestly I'd just want the rockets to have slightly smarter path-finding, but that goes for all lock-ons.
  20. Flag

Sounds good.