[Suggestion] Development Roadmap: Where Are We Going?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kid Gloves, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Kid Gloves

I really like the Roadmap section. It's great to get an idea of what changes are upcoming for the game, and what new toys we're going to get to play with.

I think most people are familiar enough with the games development process to realise (even if they won't admit it) that things take time, and things get delayed. This doesn't diminish the value of the roadmap thread.

But what I think is missing is a more general thread where the developers can outline not just what features are coming up, but where they are thinking of taking the game and the steps (even in very high level bullet-point mode) that are planned to achieve that goal.

And where we, the playerbase, can discuss the merits of both the overall direction as well as the intended steps.

For example:
    Where is vehicle combat going? There's a lot of threads about it, there's a controversial patch on PTS and there's the general whining about infantry farming vs. tank ineffectiveness. So past all that, what's the 6-month or 1-year or 2-year plan for vehicles? I don't care if the plan changes, I just want to know that there is a plan and there's a direction we're heading in.

What is the longer-term goal with regard to promoting more conquest-style gameplay? We've got the resource revamp, we've got continent locking - but what are the developers expecting to achieve with this? Again, where do the devs see the game in a year? In two?

I'd love to see a roadmap showing not just what neat landmarks are coming up, but why we're turning left at Liberator Junction rather than right.
  2. NovaAustralis

What we need is a:
    WiP thread!
    ;)
  3. Aesir

It would be interesting to know what the general ideas for the game actually are. It might stop the senseless guessing as to why certain things get non stop beaten to death with the nerfclub, while other go jojo-mode every balance pass.

Actually ... I would like to see the "concept" of PS2. Like, what is the goal, the tools to achieve that goal, basically saying ...

"What is the rulebook of PS2?"

Every game has one, good tabletop, card and PC games all share this ... they create an interactive experience through a set of rules ... when you completely break a game down to it's most basics ... what is left, is the rulebook.
    • Up x 1