Dev Discussion: Directives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Jul 30, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

About the Auraxium weapons... Is it possible that we may try them out whenever we please, or is this a very stupid question? <:l
  2. AdmiralArcher

they already said no, they want them to be chase weapons, which i for one wholly agree with
  3. AdmiralArcher

that sounds pretty fun.....could you by chance call the continent trees Campaign trees? and give medals for play time on each continent?

if you want to get fancy and incorperate story into it, each new tier would unlock a cutscene....these could even be made partly by the community....i really want some story in the game
  4. DatVanuMan

Did YOU manage to get any of them, Admiral?
  5. AdmiralArcher

nope, i am biding my time racking up LMG kills for that sexy butcher when it comes out, i played on PTS, but i dont have any of the auraxium guns
  6. DatVanuMan

Me too!
    • Up x 1
  7. FieldMarshall

I have a question.

Why are some of the directives seemingly extremely hard when compared to the other requirements of the same category.
    For example the "Objectives" directive. You have captures, defenses, point control, objective support. Thats all fair. You get there eventually.
    Then you have deployed AMS kills. Assuming you need hundreds of these. It just seems like its x10 harder to get than the other 4.

Same with the launchers. 4 of them are failry easy to kill stuff with because they can be dumbfired, but you need either the (as a TR) Striker and Annihilator to complete it.
    A lot easier to get kills with the other 4 because you can get infantry kills with them, but the last 2 relies on people pulling air/vehicles and you getting the last shot in.
    I dont mind that its hard and takes years to get, but compared to the other easier requirements for the directive i guess dont understand it.
  8. 1NieMamPomyslu1

So, I see that you are planning to implement very big amount of stuff. The question is, when?
    Also, large part of the rewards are designed to be bright and shiny kill me signs. What about people that would like to go with more stealthy approach (apart from black camo) ?
  9. Iridar51

1) It sounds awesome that you're giving some attention to Light Assaults, however, getting mid-air kills as a Light Assault is hard. There were two patches, one made it impossible to ADS mid air, and the other patch removed the Laser Sight benefit while in the air.
    Because of these two factors, it is very hard to hit anything while in air. Will this issue be adressed?

2) It would be nice to have a couple of quality of life buffs to this class without waiting for a revamp that will never come.

Just some ideas: passive movespeed bonuses, faster Jump Jets, fix the bug that disables Jump Jets for a couple of seconds after a grenade throw, reduce flashbang detonation delay from 4 seconds to 1 second, fix the bug that makes smoke grenade disappear if thrown too far.
    • Up x 2
  10. d_carey Developer

You called out the main issue - new weapons are HUGE overhead. It's not just the models, they need to be lined up by Design as well so they feel right, anims need to be customized, etc.

We felt the Auraxium was a cool middle ground, because that look is so outrageously unique in our game. And we're keeping it exclusive to the Dir rewards, so it'll always feel 'earned'.
    • Up x 3
  11. d_carey Developer

We are adding some polish to the Dirs view that should help. The base layout will stay the same for now. But tooltips, a help screen, and some overall polish may make it easier to follow.

Answered earlier, but new models are a significant amount of work and would require moving out another feature.
    • Up x 1
  12. d_carey Developer

Yes on the full list.

We are planning on adding the data to the API as well at some point.
    • Up x 1
  13. d_carey Developer

We'll look at the numbers once these are live for a while and can tweak them. But we don't want all Dirs to be equal - some will be hard for players who don't play with that playstyle normally. That's why we offer different options to get to the next level. And overall, we want these to be challenging but not impossible. And the difficulty will vary.
    • Up x 3
  14. d_carey Developer

It is a bug if it's not unique.
    • Up x 1
  15. d_carey Developer

The first hotfix will have a lot of polish. Tooltips will follow after that. Then the next batch of Dirs will about mentoring, hopefully next month. After that, unscheduled as of yet.

The Auraxium is our main Dirs reward set for now. We may explore expanding it later, but this is the main theme for the time being.
    • Up x 2
  16. d_carey Developer

Well, rephrasing, I *think* all the lumifiber rewards are auraxium. News to me if they aren't.
  17. d_carey Developer

OK I think I caught up, but I also suck at this style of forums. If you have any unanswered questions, please post below here and I'll review them.

Thanks for the great feedback, as always.
    • Up x 2
  18. AdmiralArcher

i dont know if it was mentioned before or not, instead of the Auaraxium lumifiber for tanks and vehicles, would it be possible to port the gun camo over to vehicles?
  19. d_carey Developer

It looked a bit overwhelming as camo. Maybe I'll post a screen shot next week.
    • Up x 2
  20. AdmiralArcher

hahahahhaha, ok :) thanks!