Dev confirmation NC weapons were changed... Can we know what it was?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Natir, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Kapernum

NC weapons are fine. Get better.

The Reaver just need a smaller model size.
  2. Reis

Maybe it was a change in game mechanics that indirectly helps the NC more. Perhaps some sort of change to recoil recovery? Most NC guns recoil up, so if the characteristics of vertical recoil were changed, the NC would feel it the most.
  3. Deathcapt

I'd love for the NC's thing to be higher recoil, but less COF bloom, and faster recovery from firing, so that our bursting is more on par with a TR holding down the trigger.

Additionally, I think they need to reduce the first shot recoil with semi automatic weapons, and specifically battle rifles for all factions.
  4. Stew360

If you havent you are a average players thats all and thats not (( BAD )) its just thats you dont have the ability to see change in your weaponry ;)

but many of us do see it imediatly :)

but now iam use to it having our weapons been ok then been broke then been okeihs then broke agains because TR and VS cry about it and so on

VS and TR fanboys on those forums who LDA all the time , get their thing done , when we have obvious imbalanced on their side they will flood the forums with (( scatter maxs )) and (( nc ops )) ( as a distraction ) wich is the compleate opposite of the reality

NC guns as always been more restrictive and problematics to do good with it especially when your a good players you notice the difference imediatly
  5. Stew360

First shot insane recoils simply makes single fire unplayable and unusable with the current ttk at range your better to long burst like 7 to 15 shot at least while handleling the recoils Down , instead of having to compensate for eachshot etc..

but making singleshot accurate peoples will simply mods there mouse with macros and will abuse the singleshot as a (( full auto )) with more precision and less recoils

so basically in both situation you get screw , abusers kill games thats why most weaponry across the board should be the same

no need for 3 factions if its the case ? WRONG the factions loyalty are suposed to be base on goal preference fashisme for TR freedom for NC and technologie for VS

no matters if both group figth with M16 or ak47 the thing is that the ideologies is different and its on thats the game as to reply not on who as the best weapons got the most players this simply create imbalance and unfairness
    • Up x 1
  6. PS2Freak

Rhumald said:
    “edit: in fact, the only difference our weapons have from the other two factions is that in many cases we have 25%-50% more recoil (this is not the case with every weapon) or a slower fire rate with higher damage to equalize things out... and COF... and other factors, but if you can land every shot you can do just as good.”

Yeah, only a little bit of 25-50% recoil + 30-50% fliching and we have one Full-on Goa Party.
    Greets to infiltrators with glow sticks in dark corners.

;)
  7. Nogrim313

this is the difference between amateurs and professionals, if notch can properly document his work with minecraft then i would expect SOE to do a whole lot better with a AAA title.
  8. weebeep

Did not notice a single difference is NC guns last night at the crown for an hour and a half
  9. Skasi

I'm pretty sure the reason NC guns got better is a performance increase / bug fix. Before the February patches I've had mini-stutters whenever firing a weapon. It got worse the longer I held down the button and even more so in close quarter combat, or maybe CQC is just where I noticed it the most.

Anyway, for me these little stutters had a small but noticeable impact on accuracy. I've seen a forum- or reddit post where another user mentioned this problem and - I think - blamed NC weapons, or rather their recoil (or something similar).

Since my game's FPS are CPU bound I'd like to know whether other CPU bound NC players experienced anything similar.