Dev confirmation NC weapons were changed... Can we know what it was?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Natir, Feb 7, 2013.

1. phreec

So what you're saying is that cloakers not showing up on the IRNV is a feature, not a bug? If so, good job!
  2. YoXn

I beg to differ, I feel NC guns hit like ******* trains. If I could, I would re-roll NC. You guys have the best Max, Strong infantry, A now good tank, average air, and epic rock music.

O, and why are you ******** about the patch. They didn't nerf anything on your side lol.
    • Up x 2
  3. Salryc

I have to disagree with your assessment of the situation! I dunno where you got those crazy ideas about the NC.....that music is anything BUT epic.

The rest... it's true. :oops:
    • Up x 1
  4. YoXn

You made me lol irl. :D
  5. Purple

must be the monthly NC nerf! i was worried that they forgot about it.
  6. WrrLor

The ryt
    The rhythm guitars of FREEDOM!!!!
    • Up x 1
  7. Antivide

That's what Mag Drivers said.

And look where that went. :rolleyes:
  8. Odan.be

At first I also thought my EM6 was broke, i could not hit anything,
    Then suddenly in the settings menu i saw the light, i noticed my sensitivity sliders for both scoped and unscoped where changed and way too high.
    I corrected them and since then my EM6 eats Vanu and TR as it used to :)
  9. Talizzar

Wrong. This is sloppy management of the game. Every single itty bitty little change MUST be documented in a change log. It is these itty bitty little changes that nobody worries about that can be the biggest problem makers.

Time consuming? Maybe. Having a trail of all changes will reduce the chasing of the tail time when hunting that nasty little bug that was introduced.

There is no excuse that can be made for not documenting changes. Apparently schools are now teaching the american way of lazy life. Don't worry about it....Someone else will bail you out.

Do it right the first time, that way you won't have to do it again.

What do they teach in schools these days?
    • Up x 1
  10. Bill Hicks

They gave the GD-7F a nice ratatatat feel. They need to make the gauss saw sound like a a super bowl cheer.
    • Up x 1
  11. kill

Exactly what I thought, there were no changes to NC weapons. They sound different so people drew outlandish conclusions from that. NC weapons are still generally bad. The exceptions being the GD-7F and the GR-22.
    • Up x 1
  12. Fraya

Yep as a programmer myself I can attest to how hard it can be at times to adjust those huge algebra equations that make the game work.. slightly adjust one little variable to fix one problem and something farther down magnifies that alteration and when its all calculated up something seemingly completely unrelated a thousand lines of code away is off by 500%.. add in the fact that you have people referencing each others variables and not mentioning it and suddenly every time you change your little part something someone else did way over in their section that you didn't even know about gets changed too.
  13. SolidSnake

How about some better crosshairs for LMGs to start hmm? I hate every single one of the ones available atm. Most of them small FOV and large box around it when zoomed in, so they're not usefull for CQC.

Now wait a tick, if you try to hip fire a LMG at in close quarters you spray half the bullets into the air all around your target. What's that you say? small bursts, oh sure because they TR or VS guy I'm shooting at is gonna sit still and give me extra time to land the next few rounds I need to kill them right? What use is having more damage when you give your targets more time to react and unload their higher RoF and more accurate weapons on you?

I agree they needed to change the NV crosshairs but I still like the crosshairs on that even though now when you take a step sideways when firing it it sprays left and right like you were getting an electric shock while the trigger down.
    • Up x 1
  14. Antivide

Kill one in less bullet for drastically more recoil, less ROF, and less accuracy.

Correction: NC weapons hit like pillows, when they hit.

Reaver is broken, Vanguard is good. I'll give you that, Vanguards are indeed awesome.
  15. PS2Freak

I called it in my thread - " we fight for freedom.. but with SPOONS."
    first reply was - " Because they're dull. It'll hurt more."

my thread name is "I am tired of NC weapons" . in case dev want to have look at it o_O.

or just rename NC to "hardcore modus"
  16. Antivide

NC is hard mode.

WE'RE HARDCORE
    • Up x 1
  17. Ruvan

Rubbish. Undoubtedly they are using some form of revision control system. If people are making commits then they should be making small comments on said commits to say what has changed. If they aren't thoroughly commenting their commits then they really should be. Compiling a list of changes then becomes as simple as retrieving the list of comments between version X and version Y. It's simple.

Even if for whatever reason they can't do this then it would be simple to require developers to keep a word processor document open and write down the changes they make that they feel players should know about. It would take no time at all. Then it's just a case of emailing them to whoever aggregates the post.
  18. forkyar

yes the nc are op
  19. Suriakk

I was wondering why all the sudden my GD-22S was almost a god mode weapon, same with my GR-22.
  20. Nextic

I know for a fact that the gauss rifle was changed for the worse.. I hope it was one of the unintentional patches and they will revert it..