Dev confirmation NC weapons were changed... Can we know what it was?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Natir, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Natir

2. Arreo

ahahaha... that's an amazing post:

It's nice to know that the devs have a sense of humor. And it would also be nice to know what the changes were.
    • Up x 2
  3. Banick

Probably because they're out of ideas to properly balance NC weapons. So they're just taking pop shots at it.

Without increasing ROF, or increasing damage, or reducing recoil drastically (or perhaps all of the above) to compete against the higher DPS TR/VS weaponry. They're just wasting their time.

The issue is, if they do that, we suddenly have identical TR weaponry, making the need for a third faction redundant. But I say go for it, mirror TR weaponry and let's enjoy the game. I'm over the guessing games the devs are doing.

In-fact I loved the NC weapons post patch, up until the hot fix. They were changed back, and we had alot of faction switches as well because our weapons were finally on par with VS - hard hitting and fast travelling. The way they should be. Back to hardly hitting I suppose :(
    • Up x 5
  4. xMihr

I know that the response was rather silly but I appreciate it, silly and interactive developers are always better than quiet developers. I haven't been following this issue much though and privately assumed a lot of the tire kicking was just post patch paranoia, my apologies to those a bit mor vigilant that caught this who I doubted ;)
  5. Bambolero

I haven't noticed any changes in weapon handling, but then again, game was unplayable for me for days.
    I only started playing again after the last hotfix so I don't see anything different with the NC weapons.
    I see a lot of bugs though but that's for a different thread.

Which statement was from a dev though, I don't see any dev post in the link you provided
  6. Rak

Starting to look like Planetside 1 in the worst way possible :p
  7. MayorD

couldnt play since patch till now... well NC guns are still junk. Jackhammer is a bit better, but still only when enemy manage to kiss your barrel. you still need to fire like crazy in close combat and something like soltice or track 5 (player BR 5-10) kills you faster than you do.
    Whole patch is a joke, a bad one...
  8. BraSS

Only difference ive noticed is the sound for some of the weapons.
  9. Swoll

The new net code after the studder hot fix has definitely changed the hit registry for NC weapons for the worse.

Can now put the crosshairs on an individual and miss your first burst (OMG that's right I don't mean fullautolol) completely.

This is severely impacting NC's performance with the lower ROF.

Please provide any updates. Is this being looked at?
  10. An Hero

11. Talizzar

Does the left hand have any clue that it is connected to the same body as the right hand? Who is in charge here and where is the controls, documentation, process, etc. WOW
  12. Nature

Shady devs be shady. Also lazy... lazy as hell.
    • Up x 2
  13. PS2Freak

"The issue is, if they do that, we suddenly have identical TR weaponry, making the need for a third faction redundant. But I say go for it, mirror TR weaponry and let's enjoy the game. I'm over the guessing games the devs are doing."

nc weapons are junk and not working . get it on paar with tr. exactly my speak. 2 other faction have same high Rof and DPs. why nc not ? why ? change it to better. NOW.
  14. GamerOS

Can the NC just get some increased bullet velocity? Just increase the gravity to keep the drop at distances the same, but then the freaking 20 round guns will actually be usefull.
    Currently most of the hard hitting NC rifles got bullets moving at the speed of a particularly slow snail.
  15. Kaon1311

There were prob no changes, its an experiment into the placebo effect!

"I know, tell them we have changed NC weapons to be better, but dont tell them what, that will shut them up for a while"

Like giving kids alchohol free lager and watching them "act" drunk, lol
    • Up x 1
  16. WrrLor

Hah, the thing is, I could tell there were changes right away and then that they changed back after one of the hot fixes.

Now the question is, which way was it supposed to be?

/shrug
  17. Aegie

Make flinch based on damage or recoil and viola, weapons balanced and in turn factions balanced as well.
    • Up x 1
  18. Banick

Well yea, I'm the guy who started that whole flinch idea on these forums.

But it doesn't seem SOE are taking notice. They appear to have gone down the patch of minimising recoil. Which is good if they want to do it. But as we saw post patch, it made us more powerful than VS.

And you don't want the majority faction quitting the game or QQ'ing because they're suddenly second best.
  19. Vanilasi

Since NC supposedly get their equipment from salvaging from the other two factions, we should have a blend of both VS and TR pros/cons.

High rate of fire, High Accuracy, No Bullet Drop, Large Mags, High Damage (NC Trademark).

I think that's fair.
  20. -lOldboyl-

Maybe they won't detail the changes because they know morons will spam 6 thousand threads for/against the changes without any rational thinking or constructive criticism.

Just "Hurr this sucks/Hur this is great!".