Desync and disconnect for over three weeks.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mazingoman, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Algol

I've been having this issue for months if not a year. I moved, and had hopes this was isp/ip related. nope.
    • Up x 1
  2. CokedOutMonkey

im posting in hopes that enough people get them to fix it. ive got the same issue
  3. ItsTeusday

Same issue occurs for me
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Please state which servers you are encountering these issues as well as screenshots of any error messages if possible. Thanks!
  5. ItsTeusday

Here's all I know: When I am using my home router, this issue occurs. However, I know it is not a problem with my router because everything else remains connected to the internet when Planetside 2 cuts out. Another thing I find interesting is that for me when the server disconnect starts happening, the audio still works. So, it's as if part of the game is threaded through a different internet pathway for the audio vs the gameplay. The last thing I know is that when I try playing the game off of my phone's mobile hotspot, I can't reproduce the issue.

In regards to screenshots from the game, all that happens is the players start walking in random directions (audio from squads/platoons still work as stated above) and eventually after 30 seconds, a popup says "You have been disconnected from the server" or something like that and then the application closes.
    • Up x 1
  6. iBoy

Since this doesn't seem to be an issue that'll be resolved quickly, I'd like to encourage everyone with issues to download a free VPN, as that completely fixed this for me. I personally downloaded ProtonVPN because it's considered one of the best and safest free ones out there; it took around 3 minutes to set up after creating an account. I just finished playing a 3 hour session with no issues whatsoever.

Also, I'm certain that the dev team is aware of this issue, and that they're trying their best to address it while also balancing other dev tasks. Let's cut them some slack and use this workaround for the time being.
  7. CarlAdam

I have a similar problem from the UK, it started about 1 year ago with the ''performance update'' I'm not getting weird desyncs or lag spikes as you describe but everything just feels off. Half my bullets go missing, the only chance I have is to use semi-automatic or bolt weapons but even then I have to aim off target and if they are zigzagging or jumping around it pretty much makes them invincible like my connection can't register where they are anymore and they become ''invisible''.

I've tried every possible fix I can think of, I reinstalled the game several times, I reset my PC to factory settings several times, I upgraded my internet to 250mbps fiber, I upgraded my ethernet cable, updated all my drivers, reverted all my drivers, updated them again. deep cleaned my PC etc.

I've looked alot online to see if anyone experienced similar problems and have found alot of threads and posts throughout the years describing similar issues but it never got addressed by devs or solved by anyone, I think people just stopped playing.
    There was once occasion when German players had problems with their ISPs communication with the servers, it got fixed and it went back to normal for them. I suspect there is something similar going on with me and everyone else.

Oh and I've tried playing with VPNs as well, didn't fix it for me.

Devs must be aware of the problem but I guess it's not fixable and they won't tell us because it's not good PR, lacking of resources to fix it perhaps.

I got a decent gaming rig and average around 100 fps, sometimes dipping down to 60 in massive fights.
  8. Jx9000

Same for me just as CarlAdam described.

My guess its some bad routing from ISP or something similar.

I`m connecting from Berlin Germany over Telekom VDSL 250Mbits to Cobalt and Miller if that helps
  9. qwertyzeldar

having the same issue myself, support has been far from helpful