[Suggestion] destroyable base upgrades

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Godsmangamer, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Godsmangamer

To give us engineers more utility there could be nodes of rubble around bases and territory that could be upgraded with nanites into SOE selected base upgrades and field improvements.

I think these defensive structures would act like a vehicles in that with the new resource revamp we would loose access to recharging(for the amount the structures are worth) as long as the structures are active.
    These structures would have timers and could be reset simply through repair
    These structures would replace our turret deployable load out slot.
    They should be repairable.

For destructive purposes
    I think there should be tiers
    tier 1 least resistant to explosives( c4 "insta" kills)
    tank traps
    barbed wire
    turrets
    tier 2 more resistant to explosives. (has to have a engineer with 5th level tool to expose weakness so that multiple c4 can destroy them)
    small walls ( each wall section one engi)
    small fortified infantry pill box ( (one section per engi) no room for a sundi)
    tier 3 c4 has no effect
    large wall base extensions ( each section takes one engineers)
    enclosed sundi garage ( each wall/roof section takes one engineer)

For destroying tier 3 MBT tanks should get a slow firing but extremely heavy hitting gun that when employed would slow the tank down but it would have serious extended range.
    For taking them out from the air there should be a Galaxy bomb section with a bunker buster very little ammo but with a laser guidance system.
    Each of these weapons would have no splash damage
    • Up x 5
  2. Ceskaz

Always for constructible base upgrades.
  3. Killerdude8

You have my +1, More things to use my Repair Gun on is always a Welcomed addition in my books.