[Suggestion] Deplyable Barricades

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Arkserion, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Arkserion

I don't know if you guys have already discussed this (I'm new to this side of the forums) but I'll throw it out anyway.

What if we could trade out our turrets for deployable barricades? The barricades will be a moderate size, enough for two people to hide behind, and properly cover our heads without having to look down. Visually, I'm thinking it would take on the looks of the shields on the AI turret and have the faction's symbol in the middle.

Questions:

1) How much health should it have? Should the health be the same for all three factions?
    2) I suggested enough space for 2 people, what do you think?
    3) What problems do you forsee with deployable barricades?
    4) Should they be restocked from the terminal like spitfires? Lol
    5) Since it is a shield like wall, should we be able to fire through it?
    6) Should it be stackable? Lol
    7) Should it be thin, I.e you can't hop on it?
    8) Should allies be able to walk through it?
  2. Liewec123

i'd like to see it be a small deployable like a medic shield generator or an infil's motion spotter.
    but it would create a large shield like the kind you get with the AI turrets.
    • Up x 2
  3. Problem Officer

I want basically the sentry turret's bubble shield from Borderlands.
    [IMG]

Throw down a projector, it shows a bubble that can block a certain amount of damage before it pops,
    regenerating after a delay. Collides with all enemy projectiles and thrown items like grenades and C4.
    It would be popular for creating cover for vehicles from single-shot AV, or defending tight spaces.
    The shield capacity and recharge stats could be easily tweaked, it doesn't have to be OP in any circumstance.
    I'd make it require terminal resupply and have considerable strength when certed out.
    For balancing purposes, in a scenario where multiple projectors have been stacked to create a bubble impenetrable to smallarms, indirect damage from explosions should be enough to down the bubbles and hit the projectors.
  4. Arkserion

Great ideas guys. Now a question for ya'll.

How often would you be pulling this if it got put into the game? I'll be carrying it out alot so I could provide cover for allies and keep friendly engineers on turrets from being sniped.
  5. Xybranus

I would use this all the time. I tend to play Engineer with less focus on turrets, and more on the marksmanship/demolitions aspect, and the Spitfire just doesn't cover the whole 'safe space' idea so well.
  6. LaughingDead

Personally I like the anti infantry turrets a lot more (not the spitfire, that just looks like a clunky football helmeted dunce of scrap metal) how would this deploy shield be as effective? But I love the idea of deployable shields, as long as it's not ridiculous
  7. Meserion

I'd use this, when push through badly designed bases with no cover, this would be a godsend! Also this would allow us to make a beachhead for allies to stack up on then push in. I approve!