[BUG] Deployment Fix and hacked terminal please show support!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SgtEngineer, Mar 15, 2022.

1. SgtEngineer

Deployment in Planetside 2 is in need of being fixed.
    How often have you lost a Prowler, a Sundy or worse yet a Colossus because the game refused to listen to your deployment request.

Just yesterday I lost two Colossus not 200m from Warpgate all due to not being able to deploy even on flat terrain.
    I had a full Cortium tank and upon exiting the warpgate to deal with being over popped again it took more then a minute to actually manage to deploy.

By this point I had already lost half of my Colossus's health.

upon retreating I went down to 4000HP out of the 10000 so I stopped and tried to deploy my shield as shot's from prowlers were the main issue but again was unable to even on flat terrain.

The Colossus has additional restrictions to attempt to make it hard for players to aim at ground targets but that doesn't stop players it only causes huge frustration to using it in day to day.

The Colossus I would say is very much a selfish tank, you can only earn it by playing selfishly and being on top of the leader board in kills or destruction. Giving ammo or reviving doesn't give you any points towards this and more often then not can be very hard for small factions to even earn the Colossus. It can take me up to 4-8 hours to get a base I can hold to earn the resources for one, only to have it limited to the point its hard to use.

Even with Sundys I have had the issue with deployment where I would have to spam press my B key over 20 times till it actually would deploy the Sundy. For shield sundies and stealth sundies this can mean life and death.

The Prowler I haven't noticed is too bad and have even noticed it can deploy in weird angles like the Sundy but what I don't understand is both of these vehicles don't have the same restrictions as the Colossus yet still need the deploy key to be spammed sometimes.

Been half tempted to use the handbrake on my steering wheel setup as a macro to spam B until I flip it again.

Another thing to do with Vehicles I would like to go over to is deployment.
    The Liberator can no longer be deployed remotely which I find odd and possibly a bug.
    Base's that have all its terminals not hacked often say you cannot remote spawn in a vehicle because of a terminal being hacked yet other times you can even deploy in a vehicle during the point being contested.
    This often results in infiltrators camping the terminal and there being not much a player can do but spawn at the last base to fight the vehicle combat.

I have many unique ideas for vehicles as suggestions but this is heavily focused on bug fixes and frustration of those bugs.
    Any support would be greatly appreciated as I would like these to be fixed.

I've personally left Planetside 2 until these are fixed as I can deal with an awful K/D from my skill but frustrating flaky mechanics I cannot deal with. Once control is taken from my hands its frustrating.
  2. SgtEngineer