[Suggestion] Deployable elevator as a tool slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by geekrider, Feb 23, 2014.

1. geekrider

Okay...so the Medic has a gun that heals and revives team mates
    The Engineer has a guns that repairs team mates
    The Infil has a gun that auto spots enemies for team mates
    The HA...well technically he really doesn't do anything for team mates...BUT HOLY **** A ROCKET LAUNCHER!!

So why not give the LA a deployable elevator. I mean, the LA is all about verticality. Give him an elevating tool for his tool slot. Team mates can use it to scale buildings and walls. Of course it will have a timer and you cant use it to fly to the extreme top of towers, amp stations, tech plants. Just single floor wall scale. And it's destroyable.

(I suck at photoshop. Just googled some images and threw it up in Paint. Don't judge me.) -.-
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Two ways I thought it could work.
    Either
    1.) Single fixed limited time that you can't increase through upgrades. But you can upgrade the number you can carry. (Maybe 3? 4?)

OR

2.) You can carry only one at a time. Upgrading will increase for how long it lasts.

You CANNOT increase the height it will elevate you, although you can press the jump button while elevating to give you a small air boost like it would on any other elevator. Like I said. You can only use it for scaling a single floor.

Well? What do you think? LA is all about flying and reaching hard to reach places. Give him something that will help his team mates. It opens up more avenues of attack.
    Cool idea? Or plain stupid?
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadliestMoon

3. Kurohagane

It would be OP in squadplay.
  4. Kayth

In order to make it balanced (or risk ruining LA's only advantage as well as base design as we know it) it would have to be so limited/restricting that it would not be worth using.
  5. Iridar51

Ah, nice to see responsible people upholding the tradition of posting an old idea at least once a week. And with pictures, too!

As for the idea itself, other posters already said it all. I agree that sharing the only thing that is unique for LA is not the way to buff LA.