Denying revives by putting a bullet in an enemy sitting up? Will it ever happen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Village, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Village

Not sure why this isn't discussed more often, but does it frustrate anyone else that you cannot prevent an enemy from accepting a revive? It basically puts them into an invulnerable state and they can choose to accept the revive long after you have moved on, meaning you need to baby sit the corpse or risk having that enemy flank you as you push foward. All classes including MAX sit up when they are pending a revive, any damage or a specific amount of damage should prevent this and you should get revive denial experience.

Does anyone else think this is an issue and should be changed so revive denial is possible?
    • Up x 19
  2. ArmedGoose

No.
    You want to "deny", stick around for when the person actually gets up.

On the other hand, some sort of short timeout would be appropriate I guess... like no accept for like 10s or so -> auto-canceld.
    • Up x 3
  3. Teegeeack

No, I don't think this is an issue. I've heard people complaining about the potential for flanking attacks from revivals, but never heard from anyone who's actually had to deal with such an attack. I do not think it exists, or if it does, it happens with such infrequency as to not be a problem.
  4. Pokebreaker

Yeah, I've thought about that as well. In order to ensure a group stays dead, you'd have to literally babysit them for an infinite amount of time. Although there have been times where I've seen a person dead, waiting for me to revive them, but their body and skull overlay disappears, and I can't find them; and it's not one of those situations where they fell into the wall. I don't really mind it the way it is now, but I would be ok with a Headshot (from while they are still alive) being the kill type that would render a player un-revivable.
  5. wolfva

AIEEE! The zombies are coming! The zombies are coming!

Nah, I don't think it's a big issue. Besides, they're dead. They don't know what's going on around them unless they're in a 3rd party VOIP so they're either respawning, or very patient. Besides, while YOU are staring down your scope waiting for them to get up so you can get an easy kill....one of THEM is sneaking behind you with his knife out....

Best just to kill 'em and move on. When they come at you again? Kill 'em again. Works for me <Shrug>.
  6. WycliffSlim

I have always wanted to try the zombieland technique with my outfit. Get a bunch of people on a point. Rez grenade them all... wait! When a big push happens you all accept revive, stand up and WRECK FACE!!!
    It'd be funny.
  7. Pokebreaker

What about Proximity Chat? People use it quite often to convey the situation in the immediate area. Or atleast to yell for a Medic/Engineer.
  8. Teegeeack

The biggest use of proximity chat by far is for people playing ******, barely audible music. Rarely is it used for anything else, if at all.
  9. Village

Except most of the good players will be using VOIP with their outfit, and friendlies around their location will be using either sensor darts or scout radar. We had this issue with an outfit scrim where revive grenades were being heavily used. Being unable to push forward due to a large group pending a revive but not accepting due to our presence. You don't have a problem at all with enemies being in what is basically a completely invulnerable state for as long as they wish?
  10. Teegeeack

Why couldn't you push forward?
  11. EmperorZ

If I get killed behind a bunch of people and get a rez grenade....

I certainly wouldn't do something like kill all the people in front of me!

I'd send them tells first asking if it was okay.
  12. Zolton34

I've been revived many times only to be killed the instant i load. If this is a problem here is a solution.......don't camp players respawning. A hard concept for some i know but there it is.
  13. Pokebreaker

While there is some truth to what you said, the majority of proximity chat I've experienced has been very little spam, with more useful communication. I do count people complaining about something currently going on as useless, seeing as it still gives an idea of what is going on in the area. However, I'm not trying to say that is the case for every given situation in the game, just that 3rd party VOIP isn't necessary to gain situational awareness of your surroundings while you are dead.
  14. Mr_Giggles

If you are worried about one guy getting back up just stick a mine on him and leave. If you are worried about a group then leave a couple of guys behind until your unit starts capping the next base. The only way it would be infinite time is if your army stops dead in its tracks and refuses to fight any other battle.

Honestly in the 9 months that I've played I have never seen a full squad zombie flank. More often than not players usually respawn at the nearest sundy before a medic can even get to them.
  15. Teegeeack

Do it, and record it.
  16. Flapatax

What kind of baddie rolls with prox mines regularly?

In any event, yes. You should be able to deny revives. People love to say that you should "own a room and kill all the medics" when people bring up how broken medic mechanics are. Well, by the same token medics should have to own a room if they want to revive people safely.
  17. Village

Because the moment we would, they would all respawn directly on the capture point and we would obviously be forced to retreat and retake it instead of pusing up towards the front line or sunderer.
  18. WycliffSlim

Challenge accepted.
  19. phreec

I'd rather see it requiring a stabbing notion with your blade to disrupt their pending revive rather than bullets.
  20. Mr_Giggles

This baddie does. It's great for denying Baddy Mcbaddies access into many areas, sometimes multiple times because they don't learn. My mines are my second highest killer and whats worse is they are claymores.