Dense fog on amerish

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Apr 20, 2015.

1. gunnner10

Well, seems the vid recorder doesn't work, wanted to post video. So much fog couldn't see more than 20 meters away. Made for getting killed by other players I couldn't even see. What bothered me was that other players did not see the fog. Is that a bug?
  2. FateJH

Have you never had someone in your platoon ask "Why did it become night so quickly?" when it looks like the middle of the day?
  3. Pikachu

The sky bug. Has been around since at least november 2013.
    • Up x 3
  4. toast2250

I believe it also affects the lighting.

Object's and the floor become's so damn bright.
    My eyes, being aped ever since. Taking it like a boss, since I occasionally snipe only. Sniping and cheese is the only thing that this game excels at and is worth continuing to play after a while for a short time.
  5. Pikachu

The fog is a part of an 'abstract' object called skyfile that ps2 has. It's a bundle of settings that controls skybox, day cycle, sun, fog, lighting, render distance, ambient sounds, and reflection map. Each map (terrain) has it's own skyfile. The sky bug is when a map is using another skyfile than it's default.
    • Up x 1