Demolition playstyle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Nov 26, 2015.

1. PKSpark

With the incoming buildings there's several topics we have to fiddle about...

The first is siege type damage, and siege type weapons. do you want them? or with a condition (demolition explosive only) or no at all?

Second is a new ratio to encourage demolition playstyle, building destroyed and lost. To make this ratio plausible you'll have to create a direct relationship between thoses two factors. What would be your idea on this?
    Mine is that building loss is linked to any building deployed in your hex.

And third the limitation of base building. At first glance it will be possible to build anywhere. Including in front of a ramming aircraft, or a spawning vehicle, spawn killing it. Should we rather limit bases on delimited perimeters first, with ideal location like abandonned bases north of quartz ridge, howling pass, scarred mesa skydock?
  2. Eternaloptimist

C4...............should have its traditional purpose now, a demolition charge, as opposed to being purely a super-powerful grenade or command operated mine or hand delivered AT weapon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against these uses. I just don't think there's been much scope to use C4 differently - so having fortifications to demolish as well sounds good (assuming you don't need more than you can actually carry to do it).
    • Up x 2
  3. Moridin6

gal drop a whole platoon of LAs on your base BACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  4. Daigons

Engineers can be kitted up to carry 4 C4. Boom!
  5. PKSpark

So C4 should deal less damage against building right, and we would have a new deployable for blowing up buildings?
  6. SQPD

This means heavies get yet another role. Sigh... Heavies are like explosive diarrhea because they literally are ******** and they just keep coming.
    Construction items such as walls are impervious to rockets.
    LMGs get an accuracy nerf.
    So the Heavies are as useful as other classes.
  7. PKSpark

This may be the time when heavies can be stopped. Infil excels at destroying powercores, and i see light assault specialized in placing timed charges to blow thoses buildings, counterstrike style
  8. Pikachu

New tool for engineer should be demo backpack. That backpack gets it's filled with explosives instead of nanites. Plant backpack like a bomb and detonated with the damage and radius of 10 c4.
  9. PKSpark

Does it have a balance? It looks very OP if it can be used the same way than a C4 charge
  10. Taemien

In the suggestions I've given in the past, building type structures would have heavy resistance to infantry style explosives. Rockets, C4, Tank Mines, Grenades, and so forth.

If anything, maybe they could unnerf HE by allowing it to deal the siege type damage buildings would require.

Personally I'd like to see the lethality radius returned to HE, and allow HEAT be the goto for building damage.