Delete UserOptions.ini to fix fps loss after GU04

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kuriby, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Kuriby

Deleted it,

Got a new one, and changed it to as it was before GU04

Everything is fixed.

@DEVs, Not sure if you have noticed, but your UserOptions.ini has a lot of parameters taken out after GU04
    • Up x 2
  2. Lord Robert

Welp, I'll give it a shot.
  3. AccelPrime

Both me and my mate tried this, and it does NOT work.

For further reference, I use Intel & Nvidia, my friend uses AMD & ATI.
    • Up x 1
  4. Metaltoys

It helped at lot, but still don't get GU03 performance. 10 fps is a lot when your sitting on the edge of playable.
  5. Zynex

I've done this several times since the update, no change.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rockit

.@mhigby installing the latest beta nvidia drivers fixed my fps issues. 40-50 pre, 90-100 post at the warpgate

Well that was tweeted by Matt from another users observations.
  7. Papio

didn't work, thanks for trying though.

I'll give the bata drivers a shoot though. not holding my breath, almost every time my FPS crash it's a CPU bottleneck.
  8. LameFox

You can copy & paste the text to the new one. It will still work, if it was going to work at all, and saves a lot of bother.
  9. Rockit

10. Aliasse

Didn't work.
  11. Rockit

Try latest nvidia beta drivers yet?
  12. Kuriby

Hmmm.. I also installed my lastest ATI Driver...
  13. Rockit

14. SinerAthin

Anyone tried it yet?
  15. Bape

Did not work guess ill go check if any beta driver is new.
  16. Krayus_Korianis

Honestly, I updated my nVidia drivers to the newest beta version. I didn't see an increase. Even tried to delete my UserOptions.ini. No dice.

Also, the game seems to rely more on the CPU for "Graphics" than it actually should. I play a lot of other games, including the WORST optimized game ever, The Old Republic. I get near 100+ on it, even near a buttload of people at the Fleet.

When I play Sleeping Dogs, my GPU (GTX 660 OC) takes the brunt of it all, not my CPU... What the hell were the developers thinking.
  17. Rockit

18. Sebyos

Did it and it didn't work.
  19. FnkyTwn

Come on, does anybody really expect SOE to have their 'stuff' together when making
    a game engine any more than they've got their 'stuff' together regarding anything else.

Ever?
  20. Wasdie

Does not work. You may get better GPU performance but as soon as your CPU is hit this game takes a dump.