Delay made mines pretty much worthless, use medical kits

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Aug 6, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

You're using them wrong. :)
  2. Scan

As infiltrator, when I see a mine, and can't evade it anymore I go boom and dead.

Claymore seem clayless more like..

I was figuring placing them in door openings was to obvious, so I started placing them in bushes, in crowded areas. This afternoon, I placed 8 claymores. 3 got spotted and destroyed. 4 got stepped on, but didn't deliver the kill. 1 actually seemed to actually kill the target. (an Infiltrator)

So.. Either most people used flak armor, or NW5. Or the clayless mines don't do the damage they should do.

In any case, I think Claymores particularly needs more looking into, since they are still too weak, and easily spotted compared to the other versions. It doesn't do anything but slow the enemy for a second or two to either shoot your mine, or heal up.

Not really worth losing my medkits over.

Haven't tried placing double claymores yet. Might do the trick, but even if it does it's rather silly these things cost so many certs, while they're nothing but an annoyance.
  3. redsevenski

With Claymores I have just under half of them being detonated by enemies and approximately 2/3 of those getting kills. I feel like I'm being more successful with them since the patch but this might just be my imagination (I have not kept score to track the difference). I am confident that, due to the extra range, I can set them further back from doorways so they are harder to spot.

My biggest problem is still that I know friendlies shoot them although I have no idea why they think it is necessary. It also bugs me that engineers pay half the certs we do for them.
  4. Spookydodger

There is a bug sometimes with damage.

I've killed quite a few people with mines, personally. Many more than before the range re-increase.
  5. zaspacer

How so? I can't really reply to what you mean until I know.

I agree.

Claymores for the average TR Infiltrator are a much weak weapon compared to the VS and NC mines. I have Infils of all 3 factions, and I never bothered buying the 2nd Claymore on my TR once I'd tried it, and stopped using it immediately. (I got the 2nd Mine for both VS and NC and used both for a long while)
  6. Sneakier

I think they are still great, aint rare for me to get a AP mine kill, just need to drop it in the right spot and since the buff, ppl realy got creative at setting mines