Definitive Proof that TR is "overpowered"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zverofaust, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Slimshade

Played TR from launch and thought it was ok. Jumped over to a new server to play vanu and OMFG its easy mode. Flying/tanks and wepons just seem to be so much better and I only just got a few upgrade's.
  2. Xizwhoa

We need a rep system please.
  3. Idono

Hah. Ofc you're going to get over run when both VS and NC outnumber you with atleast 5% each. It's simple math. Especially if both factions are pushing you at the same time. TR player showing how dense some of the TR players can be at times....
  4. CoffeeBreak

Lol crazy isn't it? Don't even need to use sights or anything, just point in the enemy's direction and click. I love my VS alt except when I realize the time and SC I put into a TR that still isn't half as effective as my BR 8 VS.
  5. Flarestar

I too love my VS character. Until I switch to my NC character and once again enjoy the feel of guns that don't shoot the equivalent of kitten giggles at anyone over 40m away.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tamas

lol should I post NC screens of this being everyday experience?
  7. DurandalRAI

Funny, every time the DVS outfit starts rolling, we've been locking continents (and holding them at times), so it's not like we never win. Like anything else, it comes down to when we play: when our biggest outfits have their primetime, we roll a continent...when the VS and TR have their primetimes (which are almost always quite different from ours) they roll instead. Why? Because a lot of us are asleep, at the movies, watching goat p...uh, never mind. I'd be willing to bet it's the same on every server.

Getting your butts kicked the same time every night? Log on at a different time and see how things change...
    • Up x 1
  8. zverofaust

Lol nope what are you smoking and can I have some???

TR on Mattherson are bad, like, embarassingly bad. And that's where those screenshots were taken. It's a pretty fair bet and 100% accurate, if the TR on Mattherson have even population with either VS or NC, the TR is losing and probably camped at their warpgate.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't.
  9. KoSGunny

So.. TR on your server suck, and suddenly all TR are underpowered?

News for you:

1- "join or die"
    2- orchestral music
    3- high RoF, high capacity weapons
    4- Multi-shot tank
    5- fastest cruising speed ESF for 'casual' escape compared to what's involved the other way around
    6- the colors red and black

These attract so many CoD-style players it's unreal. But not all TR players are like this, some actually have skill. The problem isn't that TR is underpowered at all, but that the dumbest types of online gamers are drawn to some of the surface-deep facets of the TR's design. They are built around the male teenage cliche of overcompensation and aggression..

TL;DR- TR has a lot of features that attract bad players/idiots/general angry little kids.. So yes, you have a lot more 'filler' players than the other two factions. Doesn't make TR underpowered. Doesn't mean they're all bad either: Just that a lot of them are.
  10. DurandalRAI

Strawman arguments prove nothing, folks. You also seem to like noting that, when TR took Indar, it took 6 hours as if that number has any specific meaning. In reality, it could mean several things: stiffer resistance, for instance, resulting in the conquest taking longer. Perhaps there wasn't as much group cohesion, or outfit coordination going on. Or maybe, just maybe, there were fewer overall players on the server and it took longer to lock down.

The VS conquering the same continent in a shorter time does not equal absolute domination, it simply means that there is a change in the individual statistics of the situation that led them to victory. The TR on Waterson does just fine, and TR players on YOUR SERVER say they do fine as well. Maybe the problem here isn't the TR, but some of its players...

Edit: Oh, and don't forget time zones. For instance, we tend to lose our maps overnight because of a huge contingent of EU players that rolls in while we're all in bed. I'm sure their conquest times are nice and quick, but it doesn't mean they're suddenly rampaging over us...
  11. Alareth

Your problem on Mattheson isn't the TR weapons, but the people wielding them it would seem.
  12. Vachek

Someone yell at Buzzcut to post some screenshots, I know he has a few
  13. Intruder313

14. Bullwinkle 01

TR are a good match for the NC, I don't feel OP or UP against them (I play NC). VS seem quite OP to me...no recoil and good damage, they are point and click murderers.
  15. Noctover

Dear Diary,

Today, i learned that a screenshot of the TR getting pushed off 1 continent on 1 server is definitive proof that the TR isn't OP, because if they were, it would simply NEVER HAPPEN.

In other news, i learnt a player by the name of Zverofaust has a single figure IQ.

That is all, next entry tomorrow.
  16. nitram1000

T9 CARV.

/thread
    • Up x 1
  17. BuzWeaverPS2

That's correct. We play NC and seem to do a lot better in the evening. At night it either leans heavy VS or TR, just depends on what the bigger Guilds/Clans want to do. We play with about 12 to 30 people. If we're around 12 we'll typically follow the Zerg if we have 20+ players we'll do a low enemy territory capture.

At night it really comes down to what continent NC wants to focus on. If most NC players are on one particular continent we can do pretty well, if we get to spread out VS and TR will certainly take us to task (in the evening). I personally like Mattherson as I like the uphill style fighting versus the Cadillac cruse and capture with large forces battles.
  18. Compass

I think the fact remains that the fact that TR took Indar on this server is an accomplishment in itself, seeing as I have never seen anyone capture Indar on my server.
  19. Elbryan

The hold we had on Tawrich tech plant was pretty epic though. =D
  20. SirBobington

*whoosh*

The hell? Some joke just went flying right over my head.