Defend missions give NO XP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raka Maru, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Raka Maru

Base is capped, heading to next base for Capture mission from the system, Defend mission pops up, I return to defend, base capped again, NO XP.

Pretty soon, people will learn to ignore these system missions if it stays this way.
  2. Stromberg

• Up x 7
  3. dBMachine

Why implement it to begin with if it's incomplete?
    • Up x 1
  4. Taemien

To test it in a live environment. Would you rather it hit live with 1000s of players and be broke and removed while they dink around with it for months because some of the bugs are in unknown locations. This way if there's a bug, they know its in the actual firing off of the quests and not in the reward system.

There's been a few backend changes they've done that have no effect yet, but will in the future.
    • Up x 2
  5. Timithos

In order to rush something out the door every week.
    • Up x 2
  6. Fangry

Why have a TEST server, when they can just test it on live server..
    Defending has never given much xp so it only get done when they wanna advance to next base or there is an alert

In PS1, you get defend xp, depending on how many enemies were killed
    • Up x 2
  7. Elrobochanco

You don't get XP for completion, but you do for participation. You can't just be there for the base to flip and expect a reward like you do for capping (hopefully in the future base cap XP is weighted for time and scoring while the fight was active). If you are defending and fighting at a mission base you are making more XP on everything. %15 from just the mission.

Combined with squad boosts, alert area boosts, general defender boosts this can stack pretty high.
  8. Blippy

Because hundreds or thousands of people testing a feature on live > a few dozen people testing a feature on the PTS.
    • Up x 2
  9. Klypto

Defenders automatically receive a 5%, 10%, or 15% exp bonus for actively defending depending on the size of the base.
  10. Fangry

15% of nothing is still nothing
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

If you are getting no activity, you may not actually need to defend that base.

Is the goal to let a few enemies onto the point to flip it so your posse can storm over the point and take it back for defense XP? or are we just randomly giving XP out to anyone milling around aimlessly?
  12. Klypto

Only doing Nothing gets you Nothing.
  13. gobbybobby

you get outpost defense ribbons. What more do you want!

How will they balance it? Like today, As I looked at my stat screen

Outposts attacked: 2
    Outposts defended: 22

in some cases the base flips 2-3 times between the secure and under attack state in the space of a few mins. wouldn't work.
  14. Montey

Experience based on the portion of the fight you were in a base sounds good, basing it on score, not so much. If I'm defending the point so we actually cap it, and your running around in the woods outside the base walls killing random enemies, you get score much more score, but contributed much less to actually capturing the base. Same for the guy farming the spawn room, while the enemy is sneaking out the back and taking back the point... Its just too hard to tell who is making the meaningful contributions, and score is a terrible proxy for that.
    • Up x 1
  15. Fangry

In PS1 you get XP depending on how many enemies your Empire killed within the zone/hex, starts when base is hacked and stops when it is secured
    Any xp is better than no xp..
    • Up x 1
  16. Ghosty11

In PS2 you get a bonus defend percentage XP for actions which generate XP while in a hex defending. Don't quote me but I think it's +20%. For a large battle you generally get more XP defending than you do for attacking (which gives standard XP plus a fixed value for capturing the base).
  17. David Lancaster

It currently does nothing but tell you where you were already headed, I'm already ignoring it
  18. Fangry

So, the only way to get xp is to be a killwh0re.... no wonder the game is losing players
  19. Raka Maru

Yes, the one cloaker who got chased by 15 guys because of the defense mission ;)
  20. Raka Maru

Mission order pops up, very high profile, I was already heading to the next base, they call me back but no XP. That's what I'm talking about.