Decloak timing too short

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pacopacotacoinurbum, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Pacopacotacoinurbum

Hello,

I've been brooding on this for some time now so time to get a post out here to clear some things up.

Normal infantry tactics (almost all other FPS and real military training) is out the window because of this terrible game flaw. If an infiltrator is able to Decloak and fire within the Interp time (the time it takes for packets to bounce from client to server to client) then the game is simply broken.

It is literally impossible to strike angles at medium to long ranges and clear for teammates advances while holding position if this threat is out there. All of the wonderful shoot then move and alternate with a friend tactics that works wonderfully at suppressing peak angles, windows, and doors is completely ADHD as you have to sit there and strafe step and dodge shots from a theoretical infiltrator, and you lose you snappy reaction having to adjust to your own pacing and stopping to fire.

I'd like to see the decloak timing doubled to make it possible (as it seemed more so in early PS2) to suppress equipped with instagib head-shot weaponry. All of the other cheesy things in this game have counters that involve player decision making and class loadout, in this case it is: 1. Have darklight flashlight and 2. Be in close proximity and 3. Manage not to die to the myriad of other threats around you. Analysis: impossible.

Your asking me to be both the chicken and the egg. Also headless sniper skins are ******** and need to be refunded. A player can peak with just their head. If you can't see them, then it is not reasonable for them to put out damage.

Again I have tons of time playing as infiltrator and am not hating on the class in general. I've had some questions about the tendency of daybreak to continually buff them with regards to the visibility of the cloak, but all in all thats fine as long as the main issue is addressed. I play infil as a accurate long range clear. I enter the engagement uncloaked for fast firing reactions and use cloak to back up, reload, reset, or in some small cases cross hot angles open field. Have I ever decloak fired at someone while doing the latter? The answer is yes, but that is not the main tenet of my game style because I feel it is unfair and my E-Bushido tells me not to break the golden rule in this manner.

So to all the infiltrator out there using headless camo and only decloak firing at stationary targets who willingly take a knee and hold still to cover teammates, I say Eff you.

To daybreak I say please fix this design flaw and recover a percentage of your lost player-base who have the logical sense to leave after being dusted by counter-less one way situations. I'm sure a big percentage of the CS:GO players who wandered over left for this reason. Probably the most tears were shed about air and vehicle farming, but all of those things have counters that involve risk. The risk for infil decloaks is after the kill assuming they have a decent skill and low sensitivity so it's simply broken.

Double the decloak timing for infiltrators, and remove headless camo for refund or replacement.
    • Up x 4
  2. Pacopacotacoinurbum

BUMP PLZ RESPONDEZ
  3. Badman76

I wish they get rid of the cloaking device all together, however you die to a cloaker sucks, be it a knife or smg to the back or a sniper from a far. Fighting squads of infiltrators is never fun.
    • Up x 2
  4. brutes359

In all honesty. Id be willing to agree if in echange they add something that allows infiltrators to be spotted from further that three feet away when their cloaked. The Darklight is a joke. And with thermals now being "Threat detection optic" we can only use them to spot vehicles over on console. I seriously don't get how devs manage to screw up such a Simple technology. Auraxis is hundreds of years in the future. there are lasers and hover tanks and VTOLS. But the dev's means to tell me they cant master an optics technology invented in the 1970's....brilliant....just....brilliant.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pacopacotacoinurbum

Yea so practical solutions to this without too much feature change shock:

Id the 1 shot kill weapons and double their decloak time to fire.

Also 1.5 all other timings aseptically to deal with smg/battle riffle spray-downs from flank positions that your recently "checked." Its too easy for someone to just continuous hits and prevent you from responding due to bullet punch, even if you hit some sort of skilly flick around on them.

This puts the cloak on par with other classes and lets it be a setup and fleeing mechanism only, not a way to accomplish 1-way damage and cheaply achieve victory.
  6. TommySharks

Just imagined that poor little stalker guy with lowest hp pool in the game with only pistol and knife against Overshield and automatic weaponry going in for kill at extremely dangerous range 0-10m and this sound of "Wwwwzzzzttt!!!!" for 2 seconds decloaking xDDDD
  7. OldSchoolD

Concur with Badman76, never saw the point for temporarily invisible characters or vehicles in any game. Players who usually prefer this play style are bad at playing the normal way and use this to leverage their handicap. I myself resort to this as a way to get back and catch up when I have stubbornly been playing against the numbers or out of my league. Cheese royale it is.
    • Up x 1
  8. synkrotron

Yeah, that's me to a T

Still, it is fun and allows me to play the game at my own pace and skill level.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nikushimi

I dont know about console, but thermal (such as DV scopes, Thermal vision implant and Infradine) all work the same. Its only vehicles that had their Thermals nerfed to threat detection (Mostly because it was OP on A2G ESF/Libs). Also cloak shimmer only showed up on NV/therm in the early days before stalker cloak was added (like 6+ years ago).
  10. DJPX

You know that you can see spys even with cloak? It is really easy you just have get used to that (i don´t use flashlights anymore, except if there is a non moving stalkerspy who prevent capping a point). If you already shoot at a cloaked spy he is dead until he uncloakes. The only problem is when you have a high pinger but every class can be annoing than.
    And the spyclass already has 100 hp less then the other classes.
    I think it is maybe hard at the beginning but you will get used that that very quickly. And listen to your surroundings. You can hear the cloaking and uncloaking sound and from which direction it came. Further more every factions has diffrent sounds for cloaking/uncloaking so you even know which faction the enemy is.

By they way standing still means death, thats why snipers and ppl with battlerifle or scoutrifles are easy kills as long you don´t stand still either. They got a higer risk if they don´t hit, they have smaller mags ot higer refirerate/firerate. And smgs have range problmes so they try to come close to you so you have enought time to hear or see them first. Btw they using mostly the same ways and spots.

I hope that helps you to encounter them better.