[BUG] Decloak Fire Delay

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Obie, Feb 5, 2013.

1. illgot

has to be latency somewhere. I do not have this issue and can fire as soon as the animation ends.
  2. HowToAim

If I am not mistaken, previously you could fire as soon as you begun leaving the cloak-- not just when the animation ends.
  3. Leckermatz

The delay is not a problem, the sound is. even if you can instantly fire you lose your advantage due to less health and the loud sound which alerts every enemy. If you think the smg balance that thing out: it has less ttk than a 1000 certs carbine.
  4. Jex =TE=

Aah a joke! We don't loike them on these here forums laddy ;)
  5. Gn0stic

All of these little tweaks that cripple otherwise nice class are getting annoying. I uninstalled the game before the patch and was considering returning now, but these little things made me to decide otherwise.

Why should you care? You don't, but SOE should, more dumbing down the game, or breaking things with patches and you start to lose your customer base.

I would understand the delay if we would be totally invisible when cloaked, or if the cloak would last indefinitely, but now...

Also this game lacks, well something. It got boring after a while and i personally don't play boring games.
  6. ScorpDK

Never been a big fan of having to manually uncloak when trying to fire my gun. The game should give me the option to automatically uncloak when my attack button(s) are pressed (knife included). If there's indeed an added delay AFTER the decloaking animation/sound end, then that's a no-no, make it match up please; the decloak speed and noise are already working against the infiltrator in close combat situations.
  7. Mustarde

I hate to keep harping on this issue, but after continued play throughout the week, it has become glaringly obvious that something has been changed with the patch, affecting the delay between decloak and shooting, and then shooting and recloaking. I would play a mix of up-close, aggressive sniping (close range bolt action like the TSAR), and close up flanking in towers, behind rocks or near sunderers. I'm often running around cloaked and if I run into someone, I would quickly take aim as I drop my cloak an fire the shot.

This patch has made it such that I cannot effective use this style of sniping anymore. Decloaking and waiting through the delay to fire not only gives the target a chance to move, but you spend approx half a second exposed(with the nice decloak noise), scoped (waiting to pull the trigger) and more vulnerable than is wise, given you have less HP. I kept dying over the last few nights through the delay - drove me nuts. What was a challenging but rewarding play style now seems doomed and I may have to resort to smg spam and long range sniping for now.

The very popular thread discussing how CQ semi auto sniping is viable probably needs to be relooked at because the author of that thread used similar tactics and probably suffers from this change too.

I admit that I can't say for sure if its lag or intentional (perhaps to balance smgs) but it just put a wrench in my playstyle. I'm hoping more of you can join me in seeing about the devs looking at this.

M
  8. Warlyik

Yep, I've been getting delay on decloak as well.

But here's the thing: it seems to be random. I'll go for an hour without any problems, and then boom, nothing really changed but suddenly the delay increases and I can't pop off my shot. Sometimes I end up unscoping and then firing because it wouldn't let me fire at my usual timing. When you have nearly perfect timing like I do, you notice very quickly when it stops functioning correctly. I always fire first and then unscope to recloak and get my bearings again and/or line up another shot. But with the delay ******* up my timing, every once in a while I'll actually unscope and fire simultaneously - resulting in a shot that's wildly off because it's using hipfire accuracy.

I'm not sure what the cause is, but it could be network lag in conjunction with a recently added/tweaked delay. The network lag causes the delay to be more than it should be at certain times during heavy traffic. But as I said, the normal delay isn't too big of a problem, it's only these random occurrences of additional delay that are frustrating as ****.

My guess is that it's improperly coded so that in order to be officially out of cloak and ready to fire, you have to associate with the server first, rather than the client itself being the source of the delay. If it was client-detected, you'd see no additional delay - only your opponents would see, at certain times, that you might fire while looking like you're cloaked. But because it's checking with the server first, that additional latency is causing the delay on the client-side to increase. If they're going to sneak in **** like this to tweak our cloak, at least let it be client-detected so that we aren't suffering twice as much as everyone else when the server lag shows up.
  9. Problem Officer

Not sure what to think of the infils that hit before they've even started visually uncloaking.
    Variable low-med (max 100) receiver latency, same results from the same players.
    Does an upload/download speed difference do this or is the uncloak-on-fire setting involved?
  10. Exitus Acta Probat

11. Problem Officer

WOAH WHAT!?
    I didn't even check, because this thread was on page 1 with Aug 2016 threads as oldest... :confused:

edit- Definitely on page 1...
    None of the first-listed page buttons go anywhere with 2013 threads, so misclick is out of the question.
    Anyway it's not surprising that decloak firing delay still has problems.
  12. Jojotheclown

While I know this is a necro post. I wonder as well. I followed an enemy inf while cloaked trying to get a knife kill.

The player was able to kill another player and NEVER came out of cloak. I heard the sound, but he never actually came out of cloak.

When I said something chalked it up to lag. I have Fios 75/75 and very low ping, it wasn't lag.
  13. CMDante

The delay needs to remain in. Once upon a time cloaking ******* infiltrators were able to auto de-cloak when they fired their weapon and it was hugely game-breaking. OHK weapons at that range(or high DPS weapons up close where the enemy can't possibly react) Are entirely too powerful to not have limiting factors like the delay.
  14. BartasRS

Sorry to bring it to you but this possibility still exists. One just needs to change their game settings :D
  15. CMDante

Linking decloak to your fire button is not the same.
  16. BartasRS

Yeah, but you must admit that it is a big upgrade.
  17. CMDante

I'd say "exploit" before upgrade. But it's pretty minor and they still have the delay, so it's not that awful.